DeMerit records a single

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Wahoo, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    Move over Deuce... Jay DeMerit has recorded a single

LOL - from the club website: Soccer Rocks

Without posting the whole article, here are some passages which explain a little of the whats, hows, and whys this happened.

BORN in the USA he might have been. Bruce Springsteen he's not. But yes it's true, Jay DeMerit's swapped his boots for a microphone to record his very own single 'Soccer Rocks'.
    And the limited edition single is on sale right now from the Vicarage Road Rookery Store for just £3, with all proceeds going to Cancer Research as the 26-year-old star explains.
    "It's kinda something fun that my friends put together as they own a record company in the States, and it was just something to do at the end of the season with the buzz going on.
    "One of the old coaches that I used to be with at Northwood, I played in a charity game for him for cancer research, because his dad passed away a couple of years ago with cancer.

"I thought that would be a good way of helping that particular cause out, because he helped me get where I am today.

2. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's see... what to say here...

At least it's for a good cause?

:eek:

3. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    Yeah, it's not expected to generate a much discussion, just information that gives a little more information into the person that is Jay DeMerit.

4. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that been said, there's a reason why athletes are athletes -- because they are not good singers! ;)

Even still, point taken, and taken well. Good on Jay to commit himself to a very good cause, and something that (we can assume) is close to his heart.

5. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has he got it up on myspace yet?