Del Piero vs. Totti

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by delp_07, Oct 26, 2004.

1. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Thursday: 1 winner.
    A deep rivalry that everyone knows has effected the azzurri locker room every now and than. But I must now this thursday who will prevail. The true golden boy and gentleman of italy or the spitter. I must think that Juve will win. We deserve victory more than anyone. Every one talks trash about us Juventino's but we got our trump card. his name is Del Piero and will he beat totti, or will the romanista have revenge on capello.

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Instead of giving Totti a name like Spitter, why don't we name Del Piero the Old, Washed-Up, Has-Been. Stop Knocking on Totti! He is far better than Del Piero and will always be!!!!

So, Thursday is the Washed-up, Has-Been vs. Francesco Totti and I think Totti and Roma will actually pull this one off.

3. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Dont even try that Alex Del Piero is better than totti, and he always will be. I cant say that Del Piero has shown up for the NAtional team all the time but hes had his moments. Totti has never proved anything to me on Nt or champs league. You can say delp is wahsed up but at least he can keep his spit in his mouth. Totti is not world class and you say that because hes scored a couple pretty goals in serie a. And imma go ahead and say that Juve win 4-0 vs. roma. And im sure that totti will get marked because he so easily can be.

4. The Bergamister

The Bergamister New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Bergamo and Brussels
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He will be marked closely, will get frustrated and kick somebody and get a few matches banned. Usual story with dumbass Totti who is very gifted but has no controle over his actions, as for Del Piero he is great and has been much more of an asset to us than anyone.

But I don't think we should make this into a Ale - Totti rivalry again, because that is what necked us in 2002. They can play together and yes they will be opponents on the team but it should be a Roma vs Juve game, not Ale vs Totti!!!!!!!!

5. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    That was very well said berg, that realli put everything into perspective very nicely and it did kill us in 02 but I have to admit Totti played horrible in the world cup and i realli wish we could have seen him play in euro because the whole team was based around him. I really like totti the player but i hate totti the attitude.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Alessandro Del Piero & Francesco Totti

Both world class players, both capable of singlehandledly dragging their teams to success, both having started the season brilliantly BUT both leave a lot to be desired with their performances for the National Team!!!

These two guys should be the offensive backbone for ITALY to go on to be a juggernaut in world football. These two guys should be playing alongside each other just behind a lead striker giving fitz to opposing defences.
    However, the press and idiotic fans seem to constantly pit them against each other, when they should be the idealistic duo.
    Granted they are both the leaders of rival Serie A superpowers, the game should not be Del Piero vs Totti (or as some would have it war between the two).

8. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Absolutely correct! This is not about Totti and Alex. Roma is nothing this year without our Captain. He carried us to a 2nd place finish last year, and has us mid-table right now. I've stated before what a class act and gentleman Del Piero is. Neither Totti nor ADP have shone like they are capable of on the world's biggest stages. That doesn't mean they're poor players.

Returning to relevance...This match is going to be won or lost in the midfield. Juve is very strong, we're very weak. Cassano is playing, but if we can't advance him the ball, he and Totti will not make a difference.

If we had Chivu, Dellas, D'Agostino and Pelizzoli match fit, I would feel a little better about tomorrow. But no matter what it appears on paper, anything can happen. Like last year....:D

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=435&stc=1

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Must I remind you...

[​IMG]

10. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While it's good to see Del Piero playing well again, the truth is he has not been on the same level as Totti for the past few seasons. To say Totti played horrible in the World Cup is a bit harsh, he had two assists and would have had more were it not for some poor finishes he would have had more and it wasn't his fault Trappatoni decided not to put both Del Piero and Totti on the field together.

As much as it hurts me to say it, Juve is going to win tommarrow. I'm predicting a 3-1 loss for Roma, Roma's only goal coming from Totti on a free kick. With De Rossi and now Dacourt injured and D'Agostino not fit, we will not be able to match Juve in the midfield. Chivu is still out as well so our defense is going to have trouble with the pressure Juve will be able to keep on us. As a result of the weakened midfield Totti and Cassano will have to drop back deeper than they would like and I don't think Montella will get many chances.

11. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hey! That's a foul! :p

12. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    both are talented players who just really need pyschological help.
    totti keeps spitting and delpiero keeps wimping.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, that's just Totti practicing for the Italian Dive Team ;)

14. deciiva

deciiva New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    New York,NY
    lol :) :) :)

15. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Classic! :D