Del Kiper's Top 30 players of the NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by WWC_Movement, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Tom81

Tom81 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    As an FSU fan I would suggest that Natalia Kuikka may be our best player. JMHO

2. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Devin Kerr is listed as the #2 goalkeeper prospect in the 2019 NWSL Draft, according to all white kit ............
    http://www.allwhitekit.com/?p=14961

3. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    She's the #2 keeper on a mediocre Power 5 team

DevonGK#1 repped this.
  4. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
  5. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
  6. jimhalpert

jimhalpert Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1.40 goals against per game is hardly killing it.

DevonGK#1 repped this.
  7. ufgator98-1

ufgator98-1 New Member

Nov 4, 2016
    But your list is top 30 of the NCAA tournament. Not the list of best pro prospects.

8. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    Being the #34 overall player in the tournament is nothing to sneeze at.
    Still a great player.

I devalued her (compared to others) because she is not always consistent, and also known to be a bit of a flopper.
    And yes, how good of a pro prospect they are is taken into consideration on this list, to a solid degree of evaluation.

9. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    She had a 0.93 goals against avg. last year as a freshman during a more injury-free season.
    And a 0.836 save % last year. She was virtually saving 5 out of every 6 on frame.

To put that in perspective, Jane Campbell has a 0.75 save % this year, so she's only saving 3 out of every 4.
    If only Ohio State had Stanford's defense. :D

Both are great goalkeepers in raw ability.

10. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    This may not be the best thread to post my opinion on this, but I am very high on UNC's senior keeper, Lindsey Harris. Yes, she is an unknown with no real accolades (didn't make any of the three All-ACC teams, no national team experience, and no previous Regional ODP, etc.), but she has developed nicely over the last 4 years to the point that, in my opinion, she will prove to be one of the best in this year's crop coming out of college. Trusting the ability of the pro coaches to evaluate talent, I predict that we will see her minding the nets in the NWSL and within 5 years on the senior national team. Mark my words. (And she's a real nice kid too!)

11. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    She is really good.
    She's listed right behind Devon Kerr at goalkeeper.

12. catdaddy

catdaddy New Member

Sep 8, 2011

Just thought I'd bump this thread as a reminder.

blissett repped this.
  13. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    No disrespect to her, but have to be honest here.
    She only has 3 goals in 19 matches in NWSL play.

And she couldn't cut it with the national team. Jill gave up on her quite quickly, after forcing her lots of playing time initially for a newbie who was called up.

She's a solid player, but she's not national team material, and will have a very average career as a goal scorer in NWSL in terms of goals scored from the run of play (not penalty kicks, or penalties drawn).

I've always thought she was a pro player. But not a top pro player, and certainly not a long-term fixture as a national team player.

14. catdaddy

catdaddy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Your credibility to identify talent is suspect since you didn't include her in your top 30 of the NCAA tournament and you said she would be drafted in the lower rounds. She ended up being selected 2nd overall in the draft. Or you just have a personal issue with her for some reason. As for her pro career we will see. Considering she is playing on the worst team in the NWSL she doesn't have much to work with.

15. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree that 1.4 GAA is hardly killing it but anytime there's a decent keeper and there's a GAA that high it usually points to a larger problem - a porous defense or a midfield that can't hold possession.

16. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just realized that I responded to a post that was nearly two years old.

Well, in general, what I said still applies. High keeper GAAs, of keepers that are decent, point to a larger problem within a team.