Defour on the move to Ajax?

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Jin1988, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    There's rumours that Feyenoord might be interested in him.

2. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    and Standard Liege, but there's still a gentlemens agreement in belgium, so they might get a lot of bad reactions if they sign him :)
    But then again, he still hasn't left the club via the '78-law, Standard could still buy him (2 million euros perhaps). I'd rather have him in belgium than going to holland. Too many young belgian players go to Holland, it's a major problem

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    when did kompany play against liverpool? besides, naming teams he didn't perform well against hardly helps

when healthy kompany is clearly the better defender, but vermaelen also showed some promise against good clubs the last half of last season

along with van buyten, lombaerts and van den borre, belgium should be well set at the back for the next few big tourneys

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    This season in the CL, but I can't remember if Kompany was in those games against Liverpool. I know he missed the away game to Chelsea with an injury.

We first have to make those big tourneys, off course. :p

The defense looks allright, as you said.

We should be able to make a semi-decent attack out of Huysegems, Buffel, Dembele and Defour (if he sorts his head out). Central midfield is also decent with Simons and Mudingayi.

The problem will be right and left midfield, where we lack real quality. Maybe we can solve part of the problem by moving Vanden Borre up to midfield.

5. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

he missed both liverpool matches

6. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    So, Standard and Feyenoord. No surprise there, actually. Those teams have acted like this before.

7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    If he goes to Standard, that's a real step forward in this career... :rolleyes:

8. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I'd rather him not go to Feyenoord either. I'm guessing it's too late for him to just stay at Genk?

9. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    @ bluedaddye: "besides, naming teams he didn't perform well against hardly helps"

When did Kompany perfom badly ?
    Seriously, the only bad or mediocre game i ever saw him play was at Westerlo (2-1 loss i think) when he just got back out of an injury , last november/december. Apart from that game, kompany has always been the best player in anderlecht's games. Each time.

10. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I pretty much think so, yes. So all what his disgracefull act will have gotten him is (maybe) a move to Standard. Aah, sweet irony. :p

11. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    And it's a done deal. Dufour signs a 5 year deal with Standard. RC Genk-Standard should be an interesting match next year. :p

Apparently only FC Köln and Standard were seriously interested.

12. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
    He will for sure have a "warm" welcome there :D