Defense Contractor's multimillion $ Bat Mitzvah party (wit fiddycent!)

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by DJPoopypants, Dec 14, 2005.

1. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

http://tabloidbaby.blogspot.com/2005/11/exclusive-photos-mitzvahpalooza.html

WOW. Not that I'm terribly surprised or anything....but its just another indictment of our pathetically sad state of musicianship these days.

Oh yeah, and the military-industrial complex that profits from dead american soldiers too. D'ya think fiddy got comped with a free bullerproof vest that could have made it to Iraq?

But the real fun of the story is in the comments, when the stereotypes of jews, warpigs, and schnozzes come out. Some of the posters must be Iranian.

Anyway - who else is glad that our soldiers are dying in Iraq for this? And after all - isn't fiddy's streetcred much like McCain's "shot 9 times? I was tortured 9 years!" streetcred?

2. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United
    I thought "Schnozz" meant nose? And i think you're supposd to take any info from a source called "tabloid baby" with a whole shaker full of salt.

3. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I am glad to see that the wealthiest .00000001% are putting their tax cut dollars back into the economy by hiring musicians that are only in the wealthiest .00001%.

This Bat Mitzvah cash should trickle down to me in about 15-16 years. :D

4. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

He's got photos.

[​IMG]

And yes, schnozz does mean nose - and hers fulfills the long island jewish american princess stereotype.

(eh? I've been away, and now there's no pics?)

5. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm not saying that i have any affection for congressmen bribing defense contractors, i was just making a comment on the term "Tabloid" in the source cited. Makes me think of stuff like the national inquirer, the daily sun, Fox news, you know stuff based totally on grabbing attention with as little emphasis placed on facts as possible.

i stand corrected, the picts put me in my place.

:D

6. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My buddy has been on the union scenery crew of about a dozen Long Island and Westchester Bar/Bat mitzfah parties. Don't forget the caterers, waiters, event planers, rental shops, and facilites people involved.

It does trickle down quickly.

7. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

"Gangsta" my ass...

8. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I know. I just felt compelled to make fun of this as it just seems mind-bogglingly ridiculous to me.

For my confirmation, I got a new rosary, a packet of monogrammed linen hankies (that I have never used, but old people think you want them) and lunch for all the relatives at Shakeys Pizza. Outside of a few linen hanky sweatshop workers in cambodia, there wasn't a whole lot of trickling going on.

;)

I almost forgot. I got a couple U.S. Savings bonds that are supposed to be worth $100 in 30 years, but God knows what happened to those.

:D

9. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Oh, I thought you meant that in 10-15 years, your band would be as famous as Don Henley or Aerosmith, and making bigbucks on the celebrity bat mitzvah circuit...

10. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

Is it me, or is Steven Tyler pointing at her nose and laughing?

Guess we know what's she's getting for her birthday next year...

11. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I'm guessing the total spent on that didn't equal what ONE of these musicians got for a 2-3 song appearance.

12. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    I could do without all the anti-Semitic comments on the site, but I find this "party" sickenly extravagant, absolutely disgusting and a total perversion of Judaism.

13. vivzig

vivzig New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    The OC
    No R. Kelly?

I'm disappointed.

14. DoyleG

DoyleG Member+

CanPL
    Canada
    Jan 11, 2002
    YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    He was going to come but they wouldn't let him bring his video camera.

15. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    He was trapped in the closet.

16. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yet annoyingly typical of the whole NYC area "Can you top this? I'm gonna brag about this in Temple" mitzvah scene. To a somewhat lesser extent the same is true of NYC area weddings, Jewish or Otherwise. I've never seen anything nearly as ostentatious as what is on display at these things.