Declaration of Independence Banned at Calif School

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ian McCracken, Nov 25, 2004.

1. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The ALCU would not have you believe this. For example, they stopped the officials of Falmouth Waterside Park, Virginia from banning baptisms from taking place there.

2. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why do right wing idiots keep making up crap, and then acting indignant about it?

3. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Way to sideswipe the story without facts.

4. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    We hold these truths to be self-evident.

5. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I thought Franklin was a Quaker, and I would imagine a number of the other FF's were as well.

6. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How do you think Hitler got into Heaven?

7. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What does "the left" have to do with this? Cupertino is a wealthy suburb of San Jose. This school has a 50% Chinese population, and is extremely achievement oriented. I live in the neighboring town, and part of our town has the same demographics as Cupertino. That demographic values success at all costs, particularly when it comes to their kids. Having two kids in the public high schools here, I see this first hand.

Neither Cupertino, nor the neighboring towns of Saratoga, Mountain View, Sunnyvale or Los Altos, are run by any partisan group. They tend to be extremely pragmatic, unoffensive and risk-averse.

8. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    He was from Penn, but not a Quaker. I believe his parents were Calvinists (not sure), and though he had a strict religious upbringing he later proclaimed himself a Deist. Read his autobiography, it's well worth it.