Dear SBFC fans.........

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by Mookie141, May 12, 2010.

1. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I HATE Philly, but we needed that. We still have another tough match against Boston this week. We need to put all the BS aside and put that ball in the back of the net.

2. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    hm fell asleep after practice so didn't see the game. :eek:

How did we play?
    And Tasha, well she can't be fully healthy I think, otherwise she would get a lot more playing time I presume...

3. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We played ok. The offense is still struggling to finish and to open up lanes and chances. The defense looked better but they still need to hold their shape and keep their marks. Marking is going to become very vital.

Another big game Sunday against the Breakers. Those Cheesefakes secretly want us to win because they think it'll stop Boston from taking the #2 spot, but it won't.

4. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Thanks mookie!

Definitely going to watch sunday against Boston, we need this win. I love Kelly Smith ( hate Cheney) so I hope we win 3-1 or 2-1 and Smith may score their goal :) (as long as we win)
    If Cheney scores against us I'm going to be very very pissed.

5. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Last night over $5,000 was raised for our leg of Project Pink! Keep using that hashtag (#projectpink) for all those twitterers out there. I wish Miss Solo wouldn't have added one in her rants. ;)

6. DemitriMaximoffX

Aug 19, 2006
    Meanwhile, the WPS transaction wire indicates that Sky Blue have re-signed Kelly Parker.

7. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I heard about that this weekend. I think she may have been at the Freedom match. I see it was finally made official yesterday.

Dallstream is also out for the rest of the season.

8. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We don't really need you here. I don't go to your boards and talk "crazy", I do it out in the open. I meet HAO at an US game as well as Tasha. If you think you're team is untouchable keep thinking it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again if you want to talk "crazy" about me and the 2009 WPS Championship team, take it to the rivalry forum.

THIS PLACE IS STRICTLY FOR SBFC FANS!

Blaze always a follower and never a leader.

9. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I agree Mookie!
    bonnie should write them up..she does it to others if they write too much on other boards..lets not do double standard here...

10. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I just want it moved and for it to be known that this is a troll free zone. Thanks for having my back.

FYI: If I do post in another team's forum I post something positive. If I want to talk "crazy" I go to the rivalry forum or the PBP forum (during the match).

I can dish it out and take it, but here is not the place.

This whole area is for the Sky Blue fans and by the Sky Blue fans.

*gawkers are welcome, just not trolls.

11. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Somebody of SBFC should print the comments of pasoccerdad and hang them in the lockerroom of our girls before the game against Philly. If that doesn't motivate them to get revenge, I don't know anymore.

But first things first and that's Boston. Come on SB-defense, make Cheney look like a fool!

12. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wiebel that sounds like a good idea!

Yeah those Boston girls are tough. I'm not too worried about Chaney but that Kelly Smith is something else. They also have one of the best defenses in the league. We do have history on our side. They've never beaten us.

13. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Trolling posts moved to the WPS thread in women's rivalry.

14. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  15. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Still a few words about Philly, after two times a 4-1 lost, i really expect from the coach that he finds solutions to play them. That he uses other tactics etc... so i'm quite curious how he's going to handle it this time.

16. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    2nd half lineup is the way they should have started the game....now its probably too late...

17. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't know if it would have made a difference.

18. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The first half was horrible! They were not even able to give a decent pass to each other.
    Second half also wasn't good but at least with rosana and kai there was some more offensive pressure. Like Jen said, they should get more playing time together (kai, o'reilly, rosana, kalmari, white).
    And he should have started with them from the beginning, I'm not saying we would have won then but in the first half, the defense of Boston didn't had anything to do so their whole team was able to put pressure on our defense.

19. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I really wish some of the players were as selfless as they were last season.

--Build a solid set of defenders (the lineup is still missing something)

--Re-do the midfield (Rosana's the only thing that works there)

--Pick two or three scorers/playmakers(to make the last touch to the scorer) to be the spearheads of the attack and the purpose of moving the ball up field/final objective

--Most importantly play like you f******* want to be there and actually want to win.

20. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a project for 2011.

For those who attend SB games, hope to see you again next Sunday even pasoccerdad; remember its at 4PM

21. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I agree. It's something that can't be fixed this season. If we don't make the playoffs, I hope the players take a long hard look at themselves and their teammates.

LOL @ RUfan. Thanks for giving your support! Hopefully I will be sitting beside you one day.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZbKHDPPrrc"]YouTube- Doris Day - Que Sera Sera[/ame]

22. angrybluebaby

angrybluebaby New Member

Jul 31, 2009
    wow that was painful :(

the first 20-30 minutes were crazy, we conceded so many corners
    From the changes to line ups it feels like we're still experimenting with our mix of players and haven't worked out the right synergies amongst player groupings - which should've been settled early in the season and not near the play offs ...

Having said that, I love my Sky Blue and whatever we're feeling I'm sure the players are feeling it ten times worse than us. I hope the girls can rally, learn from this game and encourage each other - after all its all part of the game

23. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel sorry for you SBFC fans. (not trolling here). You guys have players with talent (and charisma) but it just isn't working this year. The only thing that has been consistent is the inconsistency. Inconsistent play, inconsistent lineups, inconsistent effort. Inconsistent everything. I did love Kai going w/ just the hairband :D. Want to see more of her.

You know what's almost the weirdest part to me? The fact that you still have a very good chance of making the playoffs--tied for 4th with a game in hand (I think).

24. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a season ticket holder, thanks.

If the team gets into the playoffs would of course be great, but better if they can get hot and get a spot on their own, not back into it as the least worst of the rest; but then did they not do that last year?

25. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hahaha! :D

I'll say this for Tasha...As much as I hate her....And as much as I heckled her on the bench during the first half, during halftime warm-ups and during the run of play in the second...She took it all with a smile!

In fact at one point during a stoppage before a throw in near the Dock after a little heckling I gave her a few *fist pumps* To which she laughed and said "I'm not from Jersey!"

Tatoo went up a few points on my scale last night.....

Though she is still in the negative! :p