Dear SBFC fans.........

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by Mookie141, May 12, 2010.

1. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd even help, as much as I can, with getting something together. It's depressing going to your games, regardless of the way the game turns out. It's poor for the league to have near constant silence and the stupid public address guy is awful. And yes, if the Breakers had won, I'd still be saying this. The atmosphere at Yurcak makes Gillette Stadium look like Camp Nou and the San Siro at once.

2. Stepup

Stepup New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC

This is coming from someone who was in the cheap seats.:)

3. Stepup

Stepup New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    There may be some truth in what you say but I still prefer Yurcak Field without the lines. The things I have to say to get people to post in the SB forum. Nice to have you and at least I know that I am not on everyone's ignore list in Boston. By the way, it was good you didn't get Solo since a certain someone would have made her cry. ;)

4. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um had we gotten Solo, she would have been embraced, especially by those that jeered her in the past. She's an easy target when wearing the wrong color because she's so emotional, but we all cheer loudly when she's in red white and blue. I don't subscribed to the theory that all WNT heroes should be cheered across the league. That's just not the way it works. You think they like Lampard at Liverpool? Hell no. But when the England jersey is put on, all is forgiven. Same thing with MLS fans and Landon.

That certain someone you mentioned would have cut Kelly Smith to get Hope.

5. nightofrefs

nightofrefs Member

Jun 1, 2010

Yes, I would help. If no one else steps up, PM me.

6. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I would gladly contribute by purchasing t-shirts or any trinkets, an organized support group comes up with. I'm hoping to make a roadtrip up there this summer if my good friend goes to visit their family there.

7. jerseysoccer09

jerseysoccer09 New Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Keep me posted too.

8. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    thanks! I'm gonna try it this weekend.

9. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Those Cheesesteaks are going down! To everyone making the trip, be safe and have a good time. I'll be watching even if I gotta do a bootleg along with Wiebel. Take Care. -Mookie

10. Stepup

Stepup New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC

I am a season ticket holder but my work schedule causes me to miss 2 or 3 home games. If I can be of any help let me know.

11. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    I really hope we win, otherwise we lose connection with the top a bit.
    Go sky blue!!

i hope the veetle thing works :)

12. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    r u watching the game, if so how?

13. Wiebel

Wiebel New Member

May 17, 2010
    Belgium
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    No, my internet didn't cooperate so wasn't able to see it...

2-1 :( Did anybody else saw the game and can tell something about how we played and which players were good/bad ?

14. SkyBlueFC_GM

SkyBlueFC_GM New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Sorry for my long silence here - but frankly it's simply easier to be on Twitter. Seems like a lot of Boston fans here on the SBFC page - I guess they just hate it that they can't beat us. As far as a supporters group goes - we would support one in any way possible - just reach out and ask - gmarrone@skybluesoccer.com.

15. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gerry,

Is SB going to sign Kendall Fletcher?

16. SkyBlueFC_GM

SkyBlueFC_GM New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Where do you get your information?????

17. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, there is only one American starter left from STL and NJ is the only team not to sign one yet.

and I foregot that you can add a sixth Int'l player.

Thanks.

18. SkyBlueFC_GM

SkyBlueFC_GM New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Stay tuned - could be an announcement coming later today. Brittany Klein is also out there - released by Red Stars.....

19. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    SkyBlue GM, thanks for dropping in.

Ok, so say we were to get an official support group going, what would we call it? It's hard to make something rad, scary, and intimidating out of a team name like Sky Blue. Unless we do a pun on bad weather or something

20. SkyBlueFC_GM

SkyBlueFC_GM New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    C'mon - that's why we need your creativity. We also wear orange - you could go with that. Look at some of the other WPS teams and what their groups are doing. This HAS TO come from you - the fans. We will support you - give great ticket deals, create a special place in the stands or stadium, maybe even a cabana. But we need a group of fans to organize it.

21. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Traffic coneheads

22. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The Orange Rush, possibly. This would be a pretty cool pet project. Every one who drops by later today give your input. Throw out some ideas and such. :cool:

PS: PA, you get little Mookie side-eye glace. ;):)

23. SkyBlueFC_GM

SkyBlueFC_GM New Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Ouch - that was creative....

24. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get 3 or 4 guys or gals to beat some drums. That's what the Sol did last year and I think it really helps the atmosphere.Kids love it and on some of the simpler beats, when they had Thunder Stix, the kids would play along with the band.

A genuine noisy Supporters Group is ideal, of course. But you can't count on it happening. If it happens, it happens. In case it doesn't, have a few guys there at least with drums. Otherwise, it's either too quiet or you're pumping in noise over the PA system, which quickly becomes grating.

25. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the games I attended last year (4-I think) the times when they tried to get cheering started, annoying loudspeaker guy would quell any cheering starting... Granted I rooted for the SOL at 2 of the games and Sky blue at the other games. Need a crazy guy with a bull horn to get the crowd riled up, or annoyed.... either way will be fun.. unfortunately SKy Blues schedule does not make it easy for me to make the trip there. but I did promise someone that I would come to a game and cheer for Sky Blue (as long as it is not against Philly)

PS... I expected more than a sideways glance... full orange yech, should have white shorts and do the creamsicle look