Dear Glory Hunters !

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by schwabe13, Apr 28, 2008.

1. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    The last 10 days I was kind of irritated in here. There are more and more negative posts about our team or some players. Do Ya'll Glory Hunters really imagine, that we win every game or every year a MLS CUP??
    It will not happen ! At least not every year with the MLS Cup. Here in the USA there is no relegation, so that grieve you will never expierience...
    You want to be a Houston Dynamo supporter?
    I challenge you: show up next game, bring as many friends, family you can and cheer for our team. Even when the opposing team scores against us.
    And stop bitching about any player. Dynamo is our team. Step up to the plate and start real life. Support through good and bad . And actually we are not playing that bad ... Some people in here disgust me!

2. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    Houston is a fair weather city and our soccer team has been here for two years and have two cups-the bandwagoners will show their asses now.

Now am I not saying that you can't bitch and groan on message boards, without Metrofanatic die hard ESCers and metro fans probably would have slit their wrists a long time ago, just watch you throw under the bus as some very important people and even players read this stuff and all of this frustration can be taken the wrong way. An why are we even throwing anyone under the bus yet anyway-it's only April and real games don't start until September.

I mean for Pete's sake we have a Trade Ching thread!

Like I have told many of you over the years-winning two straight cups in this city may have been the worse thing for overall fan support-most of fans in this city knew/know very little about MLS before the Dynamo got to town and don't know that is almost impossible to repeat let along three peat in this league.

Words from a man that followed the worse franchise in the league for ten years before I got a team of my own in my adopted city. We don't deserve two cups off the bat, just accept that and enjoy them.

Pat said after the game that no one in the locker room ever gets down on anyone-they care but they don't rip each other apart-we should take a cue from that.

3. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've pretty much described why I don't post here as often as I used to. Repped.

4. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town

I just hope, that nobody important reads in Big Soccer ....

5. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some do...I know this for a fact, but I know most don't because they know what to expect from a place like BigSoccer.

6. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For better or worse, BigSoccer is very widely read -- players, players' families, FO folks, even league HQ folks read the main MLS forums on this site.

I agree with much of what schwabe13 said. But I also think that fans have a legitimate right to criticize players and coaches. In most countries, the fans put much more pressure on players and coaches than we do in MLS. In comparison, we're easy, even the chicken little/panic button types.

At the same time, I don't buy the line of thinking that goes something along the lines of, "we're really, really, really passionate and really, really, really care and so totally hardcore, so it's ok for us to be total asshats."

But I think there's a lot of middle ground that leaves plenty of room for thoughtful criticism.

7. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    When we ( the Dynamo fans/supporters) want to challenge the best supporters group, which is Barra Brava - Screaming Eagles, we darn have to stop this negativity ! I know some real great supporters like : Offebacher, his german team is for about 30 yrs in the second Bundesliga, did anybody ever hear one negative word (about Kickers offenbach) coming out of his mouth?
    There are great people supporting our team: Zippimom, she is about 90 yrs old, in a wheel chair . She was in Hawaii, in San Antonio saw both MLS cups in person..these are stories and people which inspire!! Did she write anything negative in here ??? NO.

So you Glory Hunter, understand that we got something wonderful(wunderbar) to Houston. Cherish our team! This league is getting better from year to year, in about 5 years we, the MLS, will play on the top world class level.
    Think about that, before you post anything negative .That's it, the angry german just had enough of it. Period.

8. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People are going to complain when any team hits a rough patch. All teams are streaky. The Dynamo are just in a rough patch right now. It's not like they're consistantly bad. The potential I'm seeing in these ties and losses keeps me from being worried. The goals will come.

I've been a fan of Houston sports all my life and have bitched plenty about dumb things other Houston teams have done over the years, but I haven't seen anything the Dynamo have done thus far that was a poor decision other than Caig.

9. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just remember that not everyone on the Houston forum on BigSoccer is in a supporters group.

10. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, in some countries, it's the SGs who put the most...uh...pressure on players that they think are under-performing or coaches that they think should go. Much of that behavior is nothing more than an excuse for asshattery, but it comes from all segments of the fan base.

11. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    speaking of........
    Descenso:
    1 Cruz Azul / 171 / 100 / 1.7100
    2 Pachuca / 169 / 100 / 1.6900
    3 Guadalajara / 159 / 100 / 1.5900
    16 Puebla / 37 / 32 / 1.1563
    17 Tigres / 112 / 100 / 1.1200
    18 Veracruz / 107 / 100 / 1.0700

houston has some weak ass fans. hopefully some of you will grow out of it and learn what it means to follow/support a team. Thank God for Veracruz......you can take me off the suicide watch for now. until next tournament when we start the relegation battle at the bottom.

12. webfoot

webfoot Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Corpse in Houston, spirit in Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Schwabe, just consider it deja vu all over again. Go back and look at the threads/topics from last April after the 2-5-1 start. Trade everyone/fire everyone was the main theme. One post that stuck out, from TXBill I think, was when he challenged the naysayers to come back once the Dynamo righted the ship and went on a 5 game winning streak. Well, he was half right.

Take a look at the nature of the beast. Not much needs to be said when things are going well. When things aren't going well is when people are more likely to speak up. Think of it as therapy for some. For others it's merely a place to vent. If people aren't posting/venting, THEN it's time to get concerned. Because that means that they don't care and will think nothing of walking away from the team/process.

I doubt that our numbers aren't going to dwindle to inferno levels because of a slow start. However, understand that people will get frustrated when it appears that no adjustments are being made. Two adjustments I would like to see are more shots from 18-25 yards and outswinging corner kicks aimed for the penalty spot. Right now the Dynamo resemble an NBA team with no mid-range game. It's either dunks (walk the ball into the net), or threes (shots from thirty plus yards). I prefer outswinging corners simply because the keeper can't get to them as easily.

Last thing to note here. Free agency (thanks, Curt Flood), work stoppages, and millionare players arguing with billionare owners over OUR working class money has left us with a sour taste in our mouths when it comes to the sporting landscape. This can make us quick to criticize and slow to embrace any given team or league. We sometimes forget that the Dynamo and MLS are not part of the millionare/billionare club and do not deserve our wrath.

No harm intended. See everybody Saturday.

13. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hehe:p

Tigays are next in line, permit my mocking your laugh....

Jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja...

Rayados beat Atlante the other night, thank you very much..

Hehe......I mean...

Jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaj......

Here's the tail of the Tape for the little fishes with teeth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92uWKKh5GGw&feature=related

You wanna see loyalty?? see how some of these fans stayed and kept on chanting knowing their team is going to the second devision !!!

p.s.

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...........shwab !!!:mad:

Hehe.... I mean................jajajajajaja.....I mean....

BOOHOOOHOOOO !!

14. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    every time someone types Barra Brava-Screaming Eagles in same sentence god kills a kitten. :D

15. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    This is no offense to you Newboise :) or Galaxykat ;) I know how much you both love the Dynamo.
    Maybe I still have a language barrier and some people did not understand what I'm saying/feeling.

I said Dynamo fan / supporter.

What happened 2 and half years ago again ??

The San Jose Earthquake coaches, staff, players, families etc etc got relocated.
    Did they like it?
    Most likely not that much, but I did not hear very much complaining.
    Everybody took it as a fact and moved on in life.
    What happend than ? Yes, Dynamo delivered 2 MLS Cups. They showed us their skills & their love towards us.

So, now it is our turn to show our love . Step up to the plate, come out this Saturday, tell everybody you know, how great football is ( that is soccer in your language)

Time to show our/ YOUR love and loyality !!!

Ps : no other so called professional sports team has won anything the last 10 yrs in Houston. Don't get me started !

16. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta disagree with you there, Schwabe. A lot of people hated the move. I'm sure many SJE fans can tell us that they still resent losing their team.

17. camicia arancione

Jan 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think there is plenty of room for thoughtful criticism. Constant negativity or abandonment of the team because of a rough patch can be a bit much, but the number of posters here who are constantly negative is really very small, and I have yet to see anyone post that they are no longer supporting the team. People are frustrated by the start to the season, and some believe that the struggles are signs of bigger problems with the makeup of the team.... I'm not ready to make that leap yet, but for the most part it comes from a place of holding this team to a high standard. I don't think that is unreasonable, even if I disagree with the assumptions behind the sentiment. Just understand that there is a difference between being a glory hunter who bails the first time we have a bad season, and being a true fan who simply wants more from the guys wearing the shirt, but still shows up every week. I love my family unconditionally, and will always be there for them, but there are plenty of things they could do that would disappoint me and cause me to criticize their actions. I feel similarly about the Dynamo.... There is almost nothing they could do to make me turn my back on them, but that doesn't mean I'm going to turn a blind eye and ignore mistakes I think they are making.

18. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    YES, the SJE FANS hated it. That is normal. But there was not much public complaining from the coaches, players .

All I say, this Big Soccer Forum is a huge tool. And all the negativity should stop.
    Fans should less complain and show up for the game .PERIOD!

19. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I saw that, I wondered what BB would think of being mentioned in the same breath as SE. That's about the reaction I expected. :D

20. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehe, just because it wasn't in public doesn't mean it didn't happen. ;)

21. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    BBB, I KNOW THAT YOUR ARE 2 DIFFERENT SG'S. HAD A GREAT TIME AT THE MLS CUP 07.
    I was the guy, who got permission, to fly my flag ( one side german other side the TA) in the middle of The Barra Brava. Some of your hard core fans were shocked to see a different flag, but as i said I got after 2 seconds silence the permission.
    Thanks to everybody in DC. Just remember, when we play each other, I wont feel much love for you ;)

Back to the topic GLORY HUNTERS!!![​IMG]

22. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    laugh it up all you want:

FECHA 9
    Monterrey 2 - 3 Tigres UANL

JajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaJajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja
    JajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaJajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja. :D

23. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    my 1st banner in my new section. orange w/black lettering:

"LOVING YOU IS LIKE BREATHING, HOW CAN I STOP."

24. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team: