Dear Costa Rica,

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by shooter6065, Oct 14, 2009.

1. shooter6065

shooter6065 Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nothing makes me happier than to see you clowns bounced out of a World Cup because of your "gamesmanship", as you call it. I call it play-acting, being a p*ssy, and cheating.

Your coach's World Wrestling Federation antics on the sidelines and your players laying on the ground only to miraculously pop and quickly shake off a fake injury directly cost you a place in the World Cup. Next World Cup cycle, grow a pair of balls, cowboy up and play the game like men.

The same goes for all the teams in our hemisphere. What happened to Costa Rica tonight should happen to all these teams full of drama queens.

Have a great trip to Montevideo.

Sincerely,

Shooter

2. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You think Jonathan Bornstein is going to be made an honorary Honduran for a day?

3. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thread closed in 3....2....1....

4. BoondockTodd

BoondockTodd Member

May 29, 2009
    Belmont, NC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does have some validity to it.

5. joegrav

joegrav Member+

Jun 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1... well said

6. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Why?

7. Chizzy

Chizzy Member+

She/Her
    United States
    Aug 7, 2003
    Upper Left, USA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Amen!

Well said, shooteroooo! :D

8. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great thread. Why didn't people make one for Mexico?

9. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best part of the match was not Bornstein's goal (well, yeah, it probably was), it was the Ticos being led by their strength and conditioning coach at the end of the match:D

10. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Its as if the teams in this hemisphere dont understand..first El Salvador and now Costa Rica.

11. Morpheus1271

Morpheus1271 Member

May 30, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I can only hope that this is the beginning of a shift in CONCACAF toward eliminating the petty antics that seem to plague some of the lesser teams in the region. Of course no one is immune and some will point out that even Mexico and 'rarely' the U.S. can also be guilty, but it is a tactic that turns many off to the game who might otherwise start watching.

More importantly however is that if these teams have any hope of being taken seriously, teams that can be contenders, they should do a little 'mea culpa' and as the original poster said, grow some.

I can dream....

12. MtMike

MtMike Member+

Nov 18, 1999
    the 417
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just thought we were cracking down on some of that stuff is all. If not, NM.

13. nocturnalscreams

Aug 3, 2009
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. shooter6065

shooter6065 Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Why?

I am so sick and tired of the teams in this region and the Saturday night pro wrestling tactics they routinely employ........ and I am betting I am not the only one.

Both coaches got the boot so next game against Uruguay they will be watching from the press box. Both coaches?!

Who the hell do they think they are? Steve Nicol and Paul Mariner?

15. shooter6065

shooter6065 Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I had forgotten about El Salvador. Thanks for reminding me.

I think some of the players and coaches on these teams moonlight as actors in soap operas and the central american versions of Hamlet and Othello.

16. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    what exactly happened with costa rica's coach that got him sent off? i missed the highlights

17. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing happened. He got sent off for no reason.

18. DC in SC

DC in SC New Member

Sep 23, 2009
    SC, USA
    Club:
    DC United

Or for being repeatedly warned about wasting time, and then arguing with the ref about it.

Then the he and the Assistant coach decided to throw little tantrums, taking forever to leave the field after being told to do so.

19. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He got sent off for dissent. It looked like he was trying to make a sub, but then a CRC player got hurt and he wanted to sub the player who got hurt out so they wouldn't be down to 10 men. The ref and 4th official decided he had already committed to the original sub and refused to let them change it. He kept arguing and berating the 4th official until the ref sent him off.

20. RegularGuy

RegularGuy Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he was cautioned first for unsporting and then sent off on a second yellow for dissent to the 4th official. But I could be wrong.

21. cswan

cswan Member

May 13, 1999
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ¡Si se puede! I'm sure they're prepared to make him an honorary citizen! Juan Bornsteinez, El Catracho honorado … it has a bit of a ring to it no?

22. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked the look on the strength and conditioning coach's face :confused: at the very end....priceless. The time wasting tactics by the coach and players was a disgrace. I think the ref was in on it as well, allowing a very slow sub on a US corner kick.

23. shooter6065

shooter6065 Member

Nov 16, 2000
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No way. He knew exactly what those clowns were doing. He sent two coaches off and made damn sure we got our full allotted stoppage time. A job well done by the ref.

I have seen Archundia do quite a few games and he is easily the best ref I have seen in this region. Matter of fact the best half dozen refs in this region are all Mexican.

24. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also loved how he was jumping around and waving his arms and doing everything in his power to do....what, I have no idea.

25. ECUNCHATER

ECUNCHATER Member

Sep 30, 1999
    Teams in Europe and other places flop a lot too. It's just a part of the game.