Dear architects

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by MeridianFC, Feb 1, 2010.

1. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    I know that we have a few on the board and I want to avail myself of your expertise for a quick off the top of your head guess. What would be the minimum square footage for a full size school basketball court with some side seating? Thanks to the good offices of Montgomery County, I figure it at approximately 4100sq.ft with one office and one store room, does this seem to make sense (74X50 + 150 + 250)?

What would the minimum size footprint be for a 500 seat general purpose auditorium be? I can't find any guidelines for this.

2. Lowecifer

Lowecifer Member+

Jan 11, 2000
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Just saw this. I'll try to look up some numbers for you soon.

3. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Cool. I just need really rough estimates (one for the NFP I'm on the board of, the other for my job).

4. dadman

dadman Yo soy un papa

DC United
    United States
    Apr 13, 2001
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone with access to an old edition of the Ramsey/Sleeper Architectural Graphic Standards reference book should be able to help out. We keep one in the design resource room, but I'm at home today. Eric should be able to help you out though. (It's on page 760 of the 10th edition, [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Architectural-Graphic-Standards-Tenth-Book/dp/0471348163]per this index view[/ame] available at Amazon.)