De Guzman.....?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Team Canada, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Team Canada

Team Canada New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Canada
    Does anyone know the latest status of Julian De Guzman for the Canadian NT? I know he is going for a Dutch passport....He also said the reasoning for this is....and I quote

"A Dutch passport would make it easier for me to move around within Europe and it would be handy for a possible transfer," he told Voetbal International magazine.
    "I could also play for the Dutch national team if I have such a passport. That is not the most important reason, though."

Doesnt sound very good at this stage....has he expressed any feelings towards the CNT at all, be it positive or negative?

2. jpg75

jpg75 Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You mean Jonathan DeGuzman, Julian is his older brother. There's already a thread called "Rising star Jonathan DeGuzman" in this forum where we've been discussing him for the past season...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290100

3. Team Canada

Team Canada New Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Canada
    Yes Jonathan would be the correct one....my bad

Thanks for the link

4. Rotterdam

Rotterdam New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Rotterdam
    He is in Holland now for more then five years so he can receive a Dutch Passport. He has no hurry with that but he see himself as Canadian and also Dutchman. ;)

They ask him about this in a interview where he told the reporter that is more easy with a European Passport, especially when he want's to play in the future in another country. In Spain and other countries they have a maximum of players outside the European Union. The Dutch squad is in this moment not an issue, first concentrate on my club what is more important then the 'National Team'.