Pre-match: DCU vs. Sporting KC, Sunday 8/21 8:30 PM

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by tmas, Aug 19, 2011.

1. StagsUnited72

StagsUnited72 Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Silver Spring, MD
    Got back from KC about 2 hours ago. Still trying to figure out how to move that beautiful stadium to DC. We would so rock out in that place. Can't wait to go back again with more DC fans than just Jay and myself. As for the team, we didn't cross paths with them after the match. That was embarrassing to watch.

2. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    United could De Rosario their way into the playoffs :)

3. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    Moving that beautiful stadium to DC would be the easy part. Trying to figure out where in DC to put it would be the hard part.

4. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That did occur to me. But I'll go with the more likely scenario of something closer to a team effort. But I do believe he could do it.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Of course in this scenario DeRo will be running around on stumps once we get there.

6. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    He hasn't even scored in two games and this guy wants DP money next season? What a joke.

7. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    fyp

8. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    You know I was kidding in my post right?

I'd give him the keys to RFK for the next few years. I'd even start putting maple syrup on all of my food if he said so.

9. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    No, no - nothing that extreme... however, he does expect you to start drinking Molsen at tailgates.

10. DangerMouse37

DangerMouse37 Member+

Jan 22, 2004
    WDC / Barra
    I wasn't sure ;) but I agree. Hell, the last few games we've basically been DeRo United -- when we've been good, which is to say when he's having a good game -- and absolutely zero when he's not.

He fights for the shirt and has more focus than anyone else on the team this year bar none. And he's just arrived... Rarely have I seen an effort like what he did against Toronto down a man nearly the entire game.

11. malva1985

malva1985 New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Media, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last two games were horrible to watch... i'm sure everyone knows that. Some things i want to point out:
    1- DeRo needs to be the starting cam!!! without him in there theres no creativity or anyone to maintain possesion. King is useless and in my opinion quaranta is better out wide.
    2-Woolard has dropped in form time for Burch to start at left back.
    3- Not happy at all with najar and pontius. I cant recall any positive plays from either player in last two games.
    ** on saturday i would like to see:
    willis/hamid
    kitchen jacovick Mcd Burch
    Quaranta simms Da luz
    DeRo
    pontius Davies

*Pontius up top only because our other forwards(ngwenya, BB, Wolf) havent been good enough. I know davies hasn't either but he was running hard in the and fighting in second half v vancouver, he needs quality service with DeRo in midfield hopfully he can provide it.

12. yabo

yabo Member+

Jun 1, 2000
    Poolesville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't he in our camp one year? We could use him at right back.

13. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    He was the #1 pick for KC four seasons ago.

Been there ever since.

Thx,

Jay!