Pre-match: DCU vs FTRB: the return leg

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by morrissey, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To paraphrase the old saying, "Read it, and weep!" :(

2. shammypants

shammypants Member+

Oct 9, 2013
    Club:
    DC United
    Why are there so many new, never before seen, anonymous fan accounts on social media and the usual blogs sunshine pumping? Is this the laziest effort ever to build non-authentic support for the club? Did the Russians get bored of interfering in just our elections? Seeing multiple random people effort-posting with good punctuation and grammar about the quality of play improving and therefore we need to support the club.

Yowza and Winoman repped this.
  3. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you aren't winning and are in fact playing boring, unwatchable, glorified pick up games then you have two choices. Make changes so that you have the right players in the right places with the right tactics to play enjoyable semi-winning soccer, or flood social media with a perspective altering PR campaign that tries to shift the sentiment of your team. They probably have some Machine Learning doing sentiment analysis and finding some accounts that are generally positive about the team and working with them to amplify that sentiment.

It is a thing. I've done it - well built the boxes and the ML to do the job.

4. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rivas came off too early and Higuain came in too late. Pair Rivas with Sorga; start Higuain and let him go as long as he can. (We need his field generalship out there. Did you see him directing others, much as Rooney did?)

dcu n bntwn repped this.
  5. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got it from the Opta tweet @pr0ner posted ; was going to repost but was beaten to it.

sitruc repped this.
  6. dcu n bntwn

dcu n bntwn Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Watertown, MA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This.

In regard to Higuain, I know that the general rule is not to start a player unless
    he is fit to play the full 90, but maybe this does not hold this season when there are the 5 subs.

John L and GumbyG repped this.
  7. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Up to a thousand (out of 5K capacity), but yesterday it was a 520 crowd. Still, interesting game and finally at a stadium again. Next saturday I am going to reply.

Winoman repped this.