DCU v Galaxy Viewing

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by CHICO13, Sep 16, 2003.

1. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You need to be 21 to order a cocktail, but not to sit and eat. At least during the day/evening. On a Sat. nite, who knows.

2. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    There's one off Reston Parkway, close to where that road becomes West Ox in the Fox Mill shopping center. I think there might be another one more in Reston, but I don't really know.

3. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At that point, it's called Mclearen. It's where Reston Pkwy ends, and Lawyer's takes a 90 degree turn. It's behind the fire station you can see on Reston Pkwy. That said, I'm watching at home unless I see a few folks committed to going there.

4. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Sad to say but looks like The Exchange will be closing around 8pm tomorrow night due to Jimmy and Brad's houses both being flooded out.

We were all set yesterday but because we had no power I couldn't post to spread the word. Good thing I guess, as now, since the storm they have had to change their plans. Our power was restored at 6:30 pm tonight, Chico's is still out but he knows the situation with the Exchange already, I just wanted to post here for all/any others who were planning to go there.

We are thinking about trying Summer's, or maybe our house...(BYOB) We have CSN and they are supposed to show the game at 10pm. Please pm me if y'all want to come on over and we will start planning on that.

5. snsj4

snsj4 New Member

Oct 3, 2001
    O.C. ,California
    Hey you think you can pick me up? My brother was gonna take me, but he has something important to do Saturday. I live in Orange County.

6. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    Bailey's will not change their stations, they say they don't have the means to, if its on...it's on...but with the loud music...not sure

7. Ravennaw

Ravennaw New Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Reston, VA
    Glory Days...

It is in the Fox Mill Shopping Center, a few spaces down from the Giant's - if you need more info, let me know--I live near, I could check it...

8. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, the fates seem to be conspiring to keep DC United supporters and the Exchange apart. Remember the party that was supposed to be -- except the antiwar demonstration closed off all the relevant streets?

GM

9. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    i am down for any glory days in the area...cville, fairfax, or burke....let me know whats up! hey i just got my power back after 40 hours! YESSSSS

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Anyone want to go to Willie And Reeds? Anyone know if they'll be showing the game?

11. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    It sure looks that way...

Summers is open and will be showing the game tonight. So unless something else comes up that is our plan for tonight.

12. Mike C in DC

Mike C in DC New Member

Mar 27, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Bethesda

I will be away from my cable at home in Arlington, at a dinner party in Bethesda. Chances are that dessert ends by 10:00 (hosts have baby) and I am cast into the wilderness of missing the whole first half.

Anyone know of a place in Bethesda that will show the DCU game instead of "football" or baseball?

13. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Re: Bethesda

I'm going to call Willie and Reeds at 4:00 pm to ask if they're showing the United game.

I'm not sure if they have HD Net or not. Their number is 301-951-1100

14. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Re: Re: Bethesda

Don't they only need Comcast?

15. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Re: Re: DCU v Galaxy Viewing

Might have to join you guys for that one. Anyone else planning on making the trip?

16. Mike C in DC

Mike C in DC New Member

Mar 27, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    check back

I just called Willie and Reeds. They would be willing to show the DCU game at 10:00 as most of the "football" would be over by then. The problem at the moment is that the local cable is out, presumably an effect of hurricane Isabel. The manager suggested calling back by 9:00 to see if the cable was back.

17. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Re: Re: Re: Bethesda

Yep. I called them and they're showing it. But the guy I talked to didn't sound too certain about which screen. I'm surprised they don't have HDNET.

18. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Re: Re: Re: DCU v Galaxy Viewing

Grillmaster, Chico, us...oh well, you get the picture....all the usual suspects. :)

19. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Re: Re: Re: Re: DCU v Galaxy Viewing

Damn, I'd love to come but now I won't be able to make it much outside Fairfax by 10.

20. Gemmell

Gemmell New Member

May 10, 2003
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Power is back

Was trying to find a place in Montgomery county that was showing the game and my power is back so I guess I will stay home and watch it now. Well better than nothing.

21. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Re: Re: Re: Re: DCU v Galaxy Viewing

KP and Brucie regulars there too? ;)