DCU Link on Post Home Page

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by mellon002, Nov 10, 2004.

1. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    www.washingtonpost.com

Check it out. Sports section under the Redskins and Wizards. I know it wasn't there a couple of days ago. I'm glad to see that DC is being recognized with the big boys. I hope it sticks into the offseason.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/longterm/dcunited/mlscup/launch/united21.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/dcunited/longterm/1997/mlscup/united27.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/dcunited/longterm/1999/mlscup/united22.htm

ENJOY!! :) :)

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chico, you are indeed a god. Thanks for the old links, brought back great memories (and a few cold shivers).
    Even he used to call us the United .....

4. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It's about damn time.

5. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks for the links guys!

6. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you talking about the link on the left to a section that collects United articles? If so, that's been there all season.

7. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, I guess you meant on the front page, not the front page of sports. That may be new. Can't imagine it'd be permanent, since even on the front page of sports they generally only have it for the teams in season (although I think the Redskins link never goes away).

8. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    The link on the left of the main sports page has been there all season, but there hasn't been a direct link on the left of the home page...there's been one for the Caps, though, even though they're not playing this season. Good to see the Post finally adding United to the front page!

9. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. The United link was only present on the page of "sports", not directly from the home page. Someone complained to Goff about this in his recent online chat a couple of days ago. It's probably as a direct result of that question that the Post added the link from the home page. As I recall, the washington post actually answered the question about it in the online chat BEFORE Goff had a chance to answer the question about it.