DCU individual game tix on sale Wed, 2/17 -- Ticketmaster question

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by ImNumberTen, Feb 15, 2010.

1. ImNumberTen

ImNumberTen Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    D.C. United individual game tickets on sale February 17
    http://www.dcunited.com/press-release/dc-united-individual-game-tickets-sale-february-17

"Individual game tickets will be available at all TicketMaster outlets..."

My question: Is Ticketmaster the only way to buy DC United game tickets? Is there an RFK box office?

I thoroughly despise Ticketmaster and try to use their services only if there is absolutely no other option. Sometimes I just opt not to go to some shows that I might otherwise attend, but that's not really an option with DCU.

2. Cantankerous

Cantankerous New Member

Apr 15, 2003
    United country
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can always buy a ticket through one of the supporters clubs. Great seats, great atmosphere, and no extortionate 'convenience' fees.

3. itwasi

itwasi Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't know
    Club:
    DC United
    You can contact a specific DC United sales rep like

Zach Walker
    Account Executive, D.C. United
    RFK Stadium
    2400 East Capitol Street, S.E.
    Washington, D.C. 20003
    Direct: 202-587-5469

4. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    You can walk up on game day. No chance of sellouts this season.

Thx,

Jay!

5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is only one answer to any TicketBastard™ question: No! :)

I know some in the United FO love that awful unamerican scumbag company, and I'm sure DCSEC is obliged to use them for RFK events in general contractually, but you used to be able to avoid them pretty easily for United games. If you are in DC during any afternoon, the box office is open, I believe, along with the team store.

6. DCU1996

DCU1996 Member

Jun 3, 2002
    N. VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I used to have flex tickets directly from DCU ticket office.
    I usually got shitty seats.

Now I mostly get my tickets from aftermarket vendors such as superstartickets something like those. I get to pay little more, but I get to choose good seats.
    Often there are good deals for good seats, and well worth the difference in cost.

You can also find tickets on eBay. The vendors list tickets on it.

MLS/DC United is good deal right now, so enjoy while you can until either 1. tickets prices go up or 2. DCU moves.

And as someone above said, you can get tickets form the supporters group.
    I did that once, and while we enjoyed it so much around the supporters section, my wife thought she could not handle another standing all the way from start to finish LOL.

7. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    fwiw, the Screaming Eagles sell sections of all-standing, mostly-sitting, and tweeners :) Hopefully no-one in the stadium (outside the handicapped section) is "always sitting" ;)

8. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    Me.

I'm always sitting. Well, not ALL the time but 90% of the time. I spend a lot of time sitting at the edge of my seat, hunched over, hands covering most of my face, elbows on my knees, not talking to anyone, hardly ever eating or drinking.

And they call me antisocial? :confused:

Despite how much I don't seem to enjoy myself at games, I just paid for my 4 season tickets again.

9. DangSkippy

DangSkippy Member+

Apr 28, 2009
    MoCo Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That must make it difficult to kick the back of the seat in front of you every time DC's offense dribbles around the top of the box for 10 minutes before being dispossessed without shooting.
    At least, that's what I spent most of last season doing.

10. DCU intern

DCU intern New Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    And if you find 14 more friends you can get a substantial discount too, right Zach?

11. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I purchase flex plans and almost always get the seats I want.

Just redeem them in advance, do not walk up to the window. Best way to do it is get on good terms with one of the ticket reps and they will set you up with your exact seat if it is not already sold, which most of the time it isn't if you don't wait to the last minute.

No Ticketmaster charges. I told my rep last year that if I ever didn't want to renew, just remind me of the TM fees. It's a no-brainer.