DCU Customer Service

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Dan Kohner, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Can anyone explain United’s customer service to me? I just don’t get it. Does the front office or management of DC United actually care about their fans? I have emailed them on a few occasions this season to ask a few questions that were not anywhere on their website. They never responded. I work in customer service and that is horrible customer service! I truly believe that they genuinely don’t care about their fans who support United.

Alejandro 10 and Winoman repped this.
  2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    re: thread title;

Crazy Oxymorons for $2000, Ken.

Alejandro 10, dadman, shawn12011 and 6 others repped this.
  3. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

Sep 30, 2002
    DC Burbs
    This is neither new nor news. Few F's given for their season ticket customers at RFK, none at the new stadium.

Your profile says you're a Sounders fan. I get their season ticket member communications, have for the last few years and now I get the spork STM emails too. You'd be well advised to stick with your club, they seem to have a much better program for STMs.

4. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

Jan 13, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any time I need to talk to my ticket rep about something, I get a pretty prompt response. It's always possible you're going about it wrong.

TowsonDad, dadman, Winoman and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have a ticket rep who has been responsive. It's clearly an indicator that he's new. ;)

Alejandro 10, dadman and John L repped this.
  6. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    Mine is very helpful too

Winoman repped this.
  7. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As you all know I gave up my tickets two season ago, I now have a rep offering me free tickets to return.

TowsonDad repped this.
  8. Dan Kohner

Dan Kohner Member

DC United
    United States
    Jan 18, 2017
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I
    That was a mistake. United is the home team for me. Use to be STH back in the RFK days. Of, course they communicate with you when you have a POC or are a STH, other then that nothing. They could care less about the fan who comes to only several games a season and is not a STH.

dadman repped this.
  9. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    Jul 18, 2018
    To a significant degree quite the opposite is true and I have been told this by various reps over the past few years. The single game fans pay list price and (dynamically!) more to attend games while STHs pay a discounted season-averaged price. So while the guaranteed income from STHs is important for a number of reasons, the sales department values more the much higher margin of single games sales.

Ex. DCU says my seats for the Apr 2 game have a face value of $55. Leviathan and Co., are charging $98 (PLUS convenience fees!) for the seats right next to me (cheapest resale tickets listed for for $70 plus convenience fees charged to both buyer and seller).

One reason, among numerous others, that STH sales are very important is because they make single game tickets less available and therefore (dynamically!) drive up the margin on seats.

And the many complaints from us STHs about customer service are also evidence the team really doesnt provide good service to anyone....

Alejandro 10, dadman, Winoman and 3 others repped this.
  10. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oddly enough, today I got an email from my ticket rep wishing to "reconnect."

shawn12011 and Winoman repped this.
  11. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I will end up having more ticket reps than we have wins this season.

PSURoss repped this.