DC vs Revoltion 9/9/07

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by mamagambino, Sep 5, 2007.

1. greekchampion04

greekchampion04 Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well.. i cant bring the tv.... i have to go to church and then metro from church.. sorry guys.

2. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guess I'll have to bring the liter of Cap'n that Vlad and I bought duty-free going into Canada. Shucks! ;)

Birthday boyz and girlz should drop by my grill and share a shot (or two, or three...).

GM

3. Slim Charles

Slim Charles New Member

Aug 27, 2007
    Is it OK If I just tell you its my birthday? I'll be cookin up a bunch of brats if anyone wants to hop on one.

4. D.C. Beast

D.C. Beast New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    DC
  5. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    That Cap'n was mighty delicious...thanks for sharing! :D

6. JB252

JB252 Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Arlington
    Holy hangover! I feel like i got hit by a bus yesterday.

7. Tweaked

Tweaked Member

Jan 30, 2003
    The Hill
    And this is why the atmosphere at FedEx field will always suck compared to a DCU game...the best seats at FedEx are "reserved" for the well-heeled who want to be hand feed cookies by a scantly clad tart...while the best seats at a DCU game are reserved for the sweaty, onnoxious, intoxicated supporters who give every last ounce of energy for the team.
    while being hand fed crappy beer by a sweaty, nasty beerman :D

8. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's the difference between a spectator and a real fan. The spectator merely attends the game, whereas the real fan participates in the team's victory.

9. rorrim

rorrim Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to disagree here. I was hand fed a crappy beer by a very attractive young woman on the aisle between 136 and 137! She's been working the crappy beer buckets all season.

10. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was all fine until we stopped for margaritas and pupsas after the game.

Tequila is not helpful for not having hangovers. Its always so much better after a win, though...

11. Duffman

Duffman New Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Lot 8, passed out
    Great time and an even greater game. I saw the replay (or tape delay?) at Finn MacCools after the game. Everytime we scored and showed our group, I continued to yell out "Hey, I know that guy!!!"

My personal highlights:

-Hanging with bunch of newbies from Atlanta, most of whom were United fans from the beginning, but were making it to their first game. They of course freakin' loved it and they want to come back for the playoffs! Great guys!!!

-I cooked a ton of quesadillas again and was told they tasted good. (I didn't eat any. Been sticking to my diet. Speaking of which, Mamagambino, it sure was hard to turn down that cheese. It looked sooo good.) I did however eat the seared tuna. That's my new favorite dish. So tasty! Will Chang also sampled my BBQ Chicken and Bacon quesadillas and enjoyed. That was pretty cool.

-I got some great pics!!! Although it was a bit of a struggle since I was trying to take pictures with my freakin' lens cap on. Thanks to BigRob for pointing that out. And thanks to Dave Montgomery and Bootsy for letting me know they saw the same thing and had a chuckle. Speaking of which, great seeing Dave and his family. They were front row. They had a blast! I of course thanked him again for the article and also hooked him up with some quesadillas. He also brought some chicken that I think ended up over on Scrugg's grill. No surprise he did that because he clearly knows how the barra works. (pics should be posted tonight.)

-Thanks to everyone for donating sips of beer during the game. It can be hard to hold a beer and the camera at the same time. I do it sometimes, but I don't like to.

-Good job by Marshall getting the 200's to sing and chant! He was very effective because they all joined in and it sounded great!

-I liked walking out of the stadium with Srdan, Marsh, and Charlotte while the reserves were warming up and seeing Moose with his fresh haircut (he lost the mop top) and chanting "Moose got a haircut! Moose got a haircut!" The entire team heard us and looked over at him and laughed. Nolly also came over and said hey as well. So Srdan, you think you'll recognize the guy from here on out?

-A classic moment was the freakin' keg walking/rolling exhibition. You've seen the log rolling on ESPN's great outdoor games, right? Same concept. It was started by a girl who had skills and had done it before. Everyone else proceeded to give it a try. I took tons of photos. I encouraged people to attempt the Karate Kid pose while on it and a few people were successful. Then one guy had the great idea of doing the Captain Morgan pose! Freakin' CLASSIC!!! I took the pic at the PERFECT time! I'm definitely going to send it into Captain Morgan. Maybe they can photoshop in Captain Morgan bottle over the miller lite can. But utterly hilarious! That event may be coming out in the near future. So fun!

-Finns was great afterwards too. Watched the game as I mentioned. Good turnout. They started a Madden tournament that I got suckered into playing. It was week one of a tournament that has a grand prize of a Super Bowl party for 50 people at Finns and cash! First off, I haven't played Madden in about 5 years. Second, I've never even played PS2 let alone XBOX, which is what it was being played on. I was paired up with Angela in the first round, who of course doesn't play either. It was a barn burning 0-0 tie!!! We just told them to take both of us off the board as we would EASILY lose in the next round. But at least the coors light girls gave us free beer. (Other barra members were in it. Anyone know who won?)

-I then proceeded to Arlington with the Atlanta crew and closed down that bar (I forget the name). I won't go into huge details, but there were air karate kicks and a girl's pants came off at the bar. Someone also got so drunk that when they ordered a round of shots, the bartender gave that person shots of soda water instead and of course that person didn't even notice when they took the shot. I sure did. Yuck!

-Now, I'm hungover and hurting... But I'm also grinning ear to ear... :D

See you guys on Wednesday,

Duff

12. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia