DC vs KC Post Match Press [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Sanguine, Oct 25, 2003.

1. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    I saw them talking, but I thought that Ray was giving him instructions or something. I'm sure there is more to this than the obvious.

2. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ray's words were: "Don't you f-ing laugh at me"....and some instructions/words of 'encouragement'.

It was quite interesting....

3. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    The whole incident came about because Santino simply was smiling and Ray didn't like it.. Ray was asked about that incident at the press conference and he smiled incredulously and said "I can't believe he had a smile on his face. I want players to have scowls on their faces in a game like this, not big grins"..

Santino apologized after the game and told Hudson "sorry coach, I'll never smile again", to which Ray just cracked up..

Make nothing of it.....

4. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're giving this advice ... on bigsoccer? :)

Ed

5. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Bullsh!t! I've been singing Namoff's praises for a damned long time. You're the SOB who didn't play him enough!

6. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  7. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  8. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA

Apparently whoever did that page doesn't know the name of "Kansas City Head Coach." ROFL.

9. Sanguine

Sanguine Member

Jul 4, 2003
    Reston, VA
    Tell us how you really feel, Dema.

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    New sig!

11. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    I have too much respect for McBride.

McBride, Good luck in your game next week! :D:D

12. Archers

Archers New Member

Apr 29, 2003
  13. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be his game in the Greater Ohio Coed Rec League, right??????? :D ;)

14. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    I don't get it..

Hudson did nothing but sweep effusive praise last night over the performance of Bryan Namoff..

What he was saying is that he simply is a player that no one knew anything about and he now is a player that can be counted on to give a great effort game in and game out..

I know you're distaste for Hudson and I appreciate that but what he said last night should not be taken as an insult in any way, shape or form..

15. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well said - I'm not sure how Hudson could say that and look at Namoff. Namoff should have been starting all season.

16. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'm sorry Cweed but I refuse to be a sycophant just because we squeaked into the playoffs. Hudson has been playing Ivanov instead of Namoff quite often this year. For him to come out last night and say Namoff's a fantastic player who doesn't get enough recognition is simply hypocritical. The person who most overlooked Namoff in the past was Hudson himself.

17. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with Knave on this. I noticed Namoff in the middle of the year, in my opinion, outplaying Ivanov during regular season games. I even started a thread on this:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75211&highlight=Namoff+Starting

I think players need to earn their spots. But when they do earn them, and then don't get them anyway, I want to know why. That's why I asked for others' opinions. The only ones making sense were maybe Hudson feels Ivanov gives more offensive firepower.

I think that's only because he's good on set pieces (as, it seems, only DC United defensemen can do) and that he wanders upfield as a wingback more than Namoff. That last point is not a good one, because he'll do that without proper support sometimes. He did get us one goal by doing that this year, but I think he may have cost us more goals with his 'slide tackle first, think later' style of defending.

18. OnTheSidelines

OnTheSidelines New Member

'Supreme' Second Half Wins Out Over Abysmal First: Three Year Absence From Playoffs Ends For United

http://onthesidelines.org/united102703a.htm

Namoff's not unsung here either. I think he was always recognized for being a solid contributor by everyone outside the organization, but perhaps not as much within the organization. He should have been in the starting XI all season.