DC v Dynamo loser may not advance

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by RedBulls, Aug 1, 2007.

1. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    If DC or Dynamo lose tonight, and Morelia wins - the loser is out

I see DC pulling off the away win upset

2. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But if the MLSers draw and Morelia wins and scores enough goals, then Morelia is 1st place, and Houston and DC have to draw lots to see who advances.

And with DC and Houston playing first, they can't know how Morelia will do. So they'll play to win. It may not happen, but they WILL play to win.

3. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    If DC finishes 1st does that mean another game in RFK? I'm curious to know if the locations for the semis and finals have been pre-determined?

4. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Per Steven Goff in the Washington Post, if DC advance and face a Mexican team in the semis (now set as Pachuca), they'll play at FedEx Field in Landover, MD (how bummed are they that Chivas got knocked out?). If they face an MLS team in the semis (now set as the Galaxy), they'll go on the road. RFK isn't available - the Nats are in town.

5. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about the other semi-final. Do you know where that will be held?

6. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably at HDC but I can't confirm. They couldn't get the Colosseum half way full with Guadalajara playing.

7. geoCAD

geoCAD New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Arizona
    The Quakes, excuse me, Dynamo WILL take the tourny. My Magic 8 Ball said so. Isn't Dwayne back in the lineup now?

8. CACuzcatlan

CACuzcatlan Member

Jun 11, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FedEx Field holds 90,000 people. It'll look like a cave if they play in there, even if they manager to get 25,000 to show up.

9. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Dynamo will win. Morelia will lose and DC moves on as second place.

10. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will the HDC still be occupied by the X Games? The San Diego Union-Tribune reported that Qualcomm Stadium has been tentatively booked for the semifinals. MLS teams that make the semis will have the option to host, but any all-Mexican semfinals would be in San Diego. San Diego would also be available if MLS semifinalists are unable to host.

11. geofftrojans

geofftrojans Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The San Diego Union Tribune also reported that it is highly unlikely that Qualcomm is used for a semi final game. In order for that to happen it would have to be an all-mexican game, which would mean Morelia would have to get first place in Group B. This is not at all likely, requiring a tie between DC and Houston and a large win by Morelia. The final can also not be played in Qualcomm because of a Chargers preseason game conflict.

12. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
    it looked great for 30k when chelsea rolled into town a few years back, on espn2, on a thursday night