DC United v. Dinamo Houston PRE-Match Thread

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Bootsy Collins, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rugman

rugman Member

Oct 13, 2003
    Annapolis
    So who does Peter bring in when Benny is gassed after playing 90 for the Nats? Could we see a Carroll and Carroll team?

2. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read that abbey wouldyalikeaone is going to center and my thoughts went from expectation to excrement on the field. Crap. Why this guy still centers is testament to the extreme deficiency of talent in the ref pool. Speaking of ref poolss, where's my Baby Ruth?

Crap!

GM

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Let's have a poll!

4. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Red&Black again."

Can someone cover for me?

5. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    That's why I mainly read them at work.

With Simms and Quaranta unavailable and Olsen having played 90 minutes the other night, mybe we'll see Moose or one of the other reserves for a few minutes. I would like to see Adu start over Lucio, and Prideaux for Wilson. Prideaux is just a better defender and (call me crazy) I feel you want your best defenders playing defense!

Where's this Dynamo comin' from, anyway?

6. Liverpool_SC

Liverpool_SC Member

Jun 28, 2002
    Upstate, SC
    Covered.

I checked this thread one time. Last year at this time (before I got as disgusted by the Mod creep on this board as I am now) I would have reloaded it 10x. BS (and esp. certain parts of it) are so close to being dead to me.

I am so sick of the 'Synchopants R Us' mentality that now predominates on the DC boards. The only areas we can get 'edgy' are whether or not Stokes is a total tool or whether Benny plays better with a beard or not or whether if Freddy got a concussion - he might come back playing better defense. Now that is hard-core analysis, man. Let's just keep going around the block on those exciting topics a few hundred more times rather than let a new Houston fan come in here and post an opinion.

As Robert Frost might say, "Posting on the DC board of BigSoccer is like playing tennis without a net".

And now that the moderating pissiness has gotten so heavy (after some of the news threads in the past few months), the climate on most of the MLS team boards is tending (for the worse) more like our own.

IMHO, the SOP of our moderators would be fine on an exclusive team forum (such as the LAriotsquad boards, the Sectino8 boards, the MetroFanatic boards, etc). But it has no place on community boards. I wish the moderators would take a clue from the approach of guys in the Arse, Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea boards. There is a ton of interpollination amongst those boards and the banter is fun and challenging at the same time. There are even trollish (more churlish) posters who are funny enough to be allowed on a regular basis.

You would think that there was no such thing as sports rivalries before BigSoccer came along, the way that the DC moderators approach banter on this board. It is such an infantile response to the excesses of a few posters.

P.S. Substitute 'DC Moderators' with whatever name you deem appropriate as you read this post.

7. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't know if this has been mentioned, but one thing Serioux is known for is a monster throw in. It's supposed to be quite a weapon.

Apparently he has a bit of a temper, too, as he was given a straight red against QPR last year because he launched one of those monster throws into the face of a crafty QPR player who he'd been having a running battle with.
    Crap. Whether you agree with Nowak's starting lineups or changes, I think having Simms available definitely gives us the option to change formation while still retaining 11 "starter quality" players.

8. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Ill just say when someone comes in here and flames the hell out of you and trolls consistantly, dont complain about it.

Back to the game, I hoped Freddy Adu would make an appearance earlier than the 75th minute. I also hope to see the 4-3-3 work. So far its a nice warm day, so the conditions of the field wont be poor.

9. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I wish I can see what your talking about, but you cannot post on the Chelsea boards without intentionally being wound up and baited into a respones so they can call you a troll, and partially same about the Liverpool boards.

10. Diceson

Diceson Member

Dec 21, 1999
    D'ko has been playing that Defensive/Distributing midfield throughout pre-season. He's a little wild - mixture between Nana and Dema - but PN is particularly high on his future. JC is a work in progress. I think the team sees he needs to season in the reserves for awhile before putting him out with the big boys. Moose has fallen somewhat from his initial impact in Florida.

11. vdtdcutd5145

vdtdcutd5145 New Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Washington, DC
    If Benny is burned out from Nats Duty, The options I see are to put in either Clyde, maybe Moose or Freddy in LM.

Perkins

Gros Boswell Erpen Prideux

(Moose??/Adu/Simms) Gomez Carroll

Filo Moreno Esky

Between the 3, I would put in Freddy because of his recent form, but knowing Nowak, Who knows?

With DeRosario out, how good are our chances now of getting a W? I imagine pretty good but only as long as we can keep Ching in Check, I imagine Boswell and Erpen will just smother him and not let him touch the ball.

12. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Dyschenko would be very interesting. But really with Olsen possibly tired I think Alpha Carroll will be very important in this game, very active.

13. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    clyde out injured

14. Lloyd Heilbrunn

Lloyd Heilbrunn Member+

Feb 11, 2002
    Jupiter, Fl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And we thought only Red Bull had bought a team.....

Glad I checked the thread, HDnet is never listed in my local paper, and I had not realized the game was on!!

15. Diceson

Diceson Member

Dec 21, 1999
    Of course, it just dawned on me that D'ko sat out some practice this week with what looked like a groin injury. He was running and stretching, but didn't participate in the mini-game. He's not listed MLSNet as injured, but I don't know if he'll be ready for today's game.

16. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leaving for the game: my prediction is a close game - DC 2 : HD 1

17. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Ben Olsen tired knowing he's on the bubble with Bruce Arena probably in house?

Do you guys even know who Ben Olsen is? He's going 90 minutes tonight unless he is injured in some grotesque fashion on the field and has to be carried off.

18. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    The most common sense post I have ever seen on Bigsoccer, well, at least in the last few months.

19. CincoDmayo

CincoDmayo New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    MFin CLEVELAND OHIO
    Wait, so basically if we dont have HDnet or whatever we cant see the game? Can someone clarify please?

20. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    Yes, HDNet is the only option.

21. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Well I guess if you don't count MLSnet.. It's not free there now but it is an option.. They have it as if they will be showing it this week.. At least the spot ready to link..

22. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    Thanks, I wasn't tracking that. Will give it a try.

23. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    Remember sometimes it looks like they are going to show a match there then sometimes it ends up they don't so no promise..;)

24. The Lieutenant

Dec 29, 1999
    Lupburg, Bayern
    rgr, understand. Fingers crossed.

25. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this available on cable? or only in restaurants?