DC United Reserves vs. Columbus [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by GUTuna, Jul 3, 2005.

1. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    For me, the references to the Guinness ads would probably be the biggest benefit of having him on the team. :D

2. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    I think Freddy lost it to Szetela on the practice field. You see, they were playing "how many times can I hit the post"....and Danny won! You actually did have to be there to understand. Szetela drilled the post/crossbar like 4 times while practicing.

Thx,

Jay!

3. Real Mobile

Real Mobile Member

Sep 10, 2004
    I'm sorta new with the post business and don't know how properly add a link, but maybe this will work:
    http://dcunited.mlsnet.com/MLS/news...ntent_id=35421&vkey=pr_dcu&fext=.jsp&team=dcu

There isn't alot there, but it raises the question as to why we have to rely on the Crew Media Relations for a little info on the reserve team. DCU should be bragging and stirring up interest with the succes of the reserves. Can't they get someone to write up something with an eye toward United players? Hey, it's good that they psted the crew article, but I'd think that someone from DCU could make a little contribution.

I know, we should be grateful that the reserve games are even happening, but that doesn't mean things can't continue to improve. The team has the top reserve record in MLS. Why not share that success with the fans? A lot of fans can't make it to the actual games, but still want to know how it goes.

BS posters do help. Thanks! :)

4. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    According to the link above

Vindication of my earlier post - Nickell got 2 goals and Kuk didn't score!

5. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    All reserve games are covered by the home teams PR department.

It's just the way the league set it up.

6. Zman Gunner

Zman Gunner BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 7, 2003
    Middletown, DE
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC is really focused on winning this reserve title. The one week that they need guest players - they mainly bring in players with MLS experience (Quill, Brillant, Sahaydak, Traeger) as opposed to the local college guest players which many teams use to supplement their reserve teams. The one player without MLS experience was Allen Handy - the FIU defensive partner of Bobby Boswell. Handy was in DC's pre-season camp this year so he was at least familiar with the other non-guest players.

7. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Thank you for your time, Allen. Here's your meal money - don't call us. He was absolutely pitiful. Just imigine Stokes size, with 10% of Stokes soccer savy.

8. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, Stokes two years ago.

Got it. Thanks for the visual.