DC United Reserves vs. Columbus [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by GUTuna, Jul 3, 2005.

1. GUTuna

GUTuna Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Washington, DC USA
    According to the Columbus boards, we won 4-1.

No full word on goal scorers for us. Freddy apparently drew a PK. Jamal Sutton scored for the Crew.

The Crew just stink. We signed like two temporary guys for this one.

2. JoeW

JoeW New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The Crew fans evidently stopped counting--it might have been 5-1. Plus our #3 GK (Weber) evidently saw time at forward as well. I also believe this now puts our Reserve side back in first place.

3. Blacksheep

Blacksheep New Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Ohio
    Reserves won 4-1 was a great game - one thing going for the Crew is that they have 2 great fields at their practice facility. Was a great day for a game - thou it got a little warm by the end of the game.

Gaudette was called for taking Freddie down in the box and got a yellow card. Freddie scored a PK and Perkins saved a PK !!

It's really hard to tell who scored -we have no names on our shirts and had a few guest players.

It was really a physicial game, quiet a few yellow cards but a lot of fun to watch.

4. wjones3044

wjones3044 Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Borinquen
    I imagine MLS (or individual teams?) probably don't keep stats from these reserve league games (goals scored, saves, etc.)?

5. wjones3044

wjones3044 Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Borinquen
    Apparently the reserves DO have stats available, for all teams, on the DC Website. DC has two goalies with the highest and lowest GAAs of the league. Perkins has the lowest, with 0.75, and someone named Andrew Terril (sp?) has the highest with something like 4 goals allowed in 61 minutes played.

6. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
  7. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    It's Terris, and he's not on the team anymore.

8. elconejito

elconejito Member

Dec 24, 2002
    Where Homer Lives
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4 goals in 61 minutes? i wonder why....

9. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I have no idea who scored cos I don't know half our reserves and I was watching Freddy practice shooting on goal half the time. He's funny :D

Our 3rd keeper scored once, then towards the end he didn't manage to get it past goalie in a 1 on 1 with plenty time, maybe he felt bad for him by then.

Final was 4:1

10. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

Final was 4:1.

Starters:
    ---------Perkins
    ---#12 forgot his first name --- #5 Timmy ------------- Merrit
    --------------Simms--------------------Kukendell
    -????????---------------------Adu ----------------------Brilliant
    -----------------Walker--------------Nickell

Goals:
    CLB: Sutton in 2nd half scored.
    DCU: 1st half - Adu (PK), Nickell; 2nd half Quill (approx 2 mins in), Nickell

Steve Armstrong missed PK (everyone in the stands was saying he's going right, which is exactly what he did. #5, fouled (manhandled) the CLB - ref had to call it. Stupid foul in the box.

Weber didn't score, but he had 2 breakaways. The first he kicked at the keeper. The second he was very patient and gave the ball up to Dema on an overlap.

#5 and #12 were absolutely atrocious. Storey was absolutely torching the back, but like the senior team, they couldn't score.

In the 2nd half, Quill came on - Merrit off (no idea why DC would do this, he was the only dependable defenders). Brilliant played back; Quill was playing

in 2nd half, Webber, Nana, Dema came on.

Nice fields - hot sun. Nice results.

11. Blacksheep

Blacksheep New Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Ohio
    Merritt came off with a re-injury to his bruised heel.

12. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    How did Brilliant look? I'm kind of intrigued that he popped up in our reserves.

13. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Number 20 for DC was Jake Traeger, former Ohio State and Crew player. He played most of the match, got beat by Sutton who is actually pretty good. Is Jake on the DC roster or was he just a local fill in?

The Crew are thin in the back at the moment with Hejduk gone and Herdsman hurt. We had to move Kelly and Schulte up the the first team for Saturday so we had some guest players in defense today.

The PK awarded to DC was a poor call. Adu was offside to begin with. He was in 1 v 1 with Gaudette who dived for the ball and was laying on the ground. Freddy played the ball wide, then tripped over Gaudette going to get the ball.

The Crew had several good chances in the first half but finished poorly. We could have made a game of it but the reserves seemed as lifeless as the first team.

14. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Thanks!

15. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    ok, but I wouldn't be interested in anything than reserve fodder.

16. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Yep, that's the guy that I was missing. Thx

Dom Mediate was playing Right Back - which is surprising since I have watched him for many years at UMD - and defense is not is strongest asset. Wingert was playing the center and looked good.

DCU is also severly thin on D, as well. Merritt was the only regular reserve defender.

Didn't see if Adu was off side (I was looking at something else and didn't see the replay ;) ).

I Disagree - with your assessment of the PK call on Guadette. Adu beat GK, GK tripped Adu to prevent the tap-in. PK and Yellow.

17. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    I have to say - not bad considering I was doing this from memory. Also, why it was a sunny day - for some reason everything was just a bit foggy. No idea why? ;) :D

Kuk is 28 and Nickell is 29. I think Nickell got the 2nd goal - not Kuk, but I'll trust the game report....

18. chayes

chayes New Member

Feb 29, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    Anyone think Freddy will give up his cut of the $20k for winning the reserve league?

Pocket change for him.

A month's salary for most of the guys...

19. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you kidding? That 20K is a down for that new H3 his mom wants for Christmas ;)

20. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah I was thinking he might be good to add defensive depth, but then I remembered he's from Canada. He ain't worth an SI spot.

21. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any Guppy sightings? Was he working out with the team, or still on vacation?

:rolleyes:

~worm~

22. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    What the heck are you doing up at this time of the morning? :confused:

Better yet, why am I awake now? :p

23. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8