DC United - Portland 8/27/2011 7:30pm

Discussion in 'District Ultras' started by BBBulldog, Aug 22, 2011.

1. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=237618489606600

2. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    We'll be in Croatia so no shirts and such this game, if you get membership you'll get your scarf following home game (same for prepaid merch). I hear there's pretty sick display tho.

3. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  4. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
  5. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow, isn't that something? How arrogant could they be?

I have the feeling the match is going to be postponed, even if they play at 2, the storm is supposed to start hitting around 8 or so, how's Portland supposed to go back home? They wouldn't get back till tuesday at the very least...

6. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    dear Matteo,

Paris is great. So far it took us over 2 hours of running around and waiting in lines to find exchange place that was open (2:1 rate), then another hour looking for locker and waiting in line at rail ticket kiosk just to find out it doesn`t take bills or credit cards. At that point we gave up.

Right now I hate France, Paris, Asterix and Obelix. These keyboards suck too.

On a positive note, your map of Paris won`t get any wear.

Sincerely,

your friend Srdan

:D

7. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    I think MLS has the word here:

"Citing general public safety concerns, Major League Soccer has made the following schedule changes because of the potential impact of Hurricane Irene:

Home teams listed first

D.C. United vs. Portland Timbers (at RFK Stadium)
    NOW: Saturday, Aug. 27 at 2:00 p.m. ET*
    WAS: Saturday, Aug. 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET"

I think 2 p.m. is a "go."

8. lemonstarbursts

Dec 7, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    But it also says this right underneath that:

*Major League Soccer, in collaboration with D.C. United and Portland Timbers, will continue to monitor the path of Hurricane Irene before making a final determination as to the status of the game between both clubs, originally scheduled for Saturday at 7:30pm ET at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C.

A further update on the status of this game will be provided by 12:00 p.m. ET tomorrow (Friday).

9. EricAK

EricAK New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Washington DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dear Srdan,

when I gave you the Paris map and guide book, I thought I was talking to somebody who knows to travel further than Columbus Ohio :D...

1) You don't need to change US$ into another currency because of all the above reasons + you'll get screwed, all you need to do is go to the ATM machine and pull out local currency with your ATM card (I suppose you have one).

2) Pack light, and if you have a long stopover somewhere just check the bag in, it will get to final destination (at least in Europe), so you don't have to worry about lockers. That's what I just did with my 5 hours layover in Dusseldorf on my way back from Italy

3) Rail tickets kiosks at CDG airport are a pain in the ass, next time go to the desks where there's a human being, so you can pay as you wish.

I hope you enjoyed your overpriced internet service at CDG airport!

Matteo :D

11. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Dear Matteo,

we packed light but still wanted to leave one of bags we didn't check behind. Desks had line approximatelly 20 times longer than kiosks, in fact I think some of same people are still waiting in those right now.

So far internet service has been only thing not overpriced in here. And i managed to find a regular keyboard. :D

Srdan

12. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  13. DangSkippy

DangSkippy Member+

Apr 28, 2009
    MoCo Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, but this is horrible advice. Never talk to a Frenchman, unless you absolutely must. :p

14. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You're absolutely right, you are much better off talking to a Frenchwoman. And if you speak French fluently like I do, it can take you a long way :rolleyes:

15. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Next time just jump on the RER and if a ticket controller comes pretend to speak only Crotian!:cool:

16. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    haha didn't know it was honor system :) o well in Cro now

Dinamo-Real in CL few days after we leave so don't have to boycott it in person :D

17. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thinking on Plzen-Milan on Dec 6, at least I would be able to drink good beer for cheap, we shall see...

18. vladsta

vladsta Member

Jan 11, 2002
    just back from Bulgaria, went to CSKA Sofia-Steaua Bucharest. wow, impressive local support. mls has such long way to go, it's making me sad :(

19. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, to each his own, Vlad... It will get better but it will take time, it's better what we have than nothing at all

20. vladsta

vladsta Member

Jan 11, 2002
    oh, i agree. i remember when we had nothing, and watched teams like maryland bays... dark ages...

thing is, it seems like dcu support is not growing but stalling instead. i'm afraid it will always be not far from current level. sisyphean task indeed.

21. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    tickets are too expensive

22. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think tickets have a part of the responsibility but not only those... in DC all groups are fractioned up, and we all know the reasons for it, but the fact remains that out of 4 groups, only 2 interact together (DU & LN) the others ones is each on his own. How can you expect local tifo to grow much with all the divisions? I am not sure whether this happens elsewhere as well in MLS, but I can usually see all the groups together in one stand (on TV at least). And if it happens also elsewhere, it certainly doesn't help the situation

23. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Scruggs, it's true, but it's also true that groups in DC decided to stay where they stand, with the exception of LN till last season, tickets there would have been cheaper and you can see decently well anyway (understanding that it's a goalstand). I would be all for going to that section, honestly, and I never got how the other groups never thought about it (yeah, I know, visibility on tv, bla bla bla po po po)

24. Theopisa

Theopisa Member+

Pisa Sporting Club
    Italy
    Oct 7, 2008
    Venezia
    Club:
    Pisa Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  25. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Since moving, & I'm only speak for myself & not other Nortenos, I've not once had to worry about a fignt breaking out. I've not had to try to keep others out of our section. I've not had to keep an eye on other teams fans. No participation in fights in anyway. Its nice to not have to worry about that shit but I had kind of gotten used to it being in 118.