DC United playing in Richmond Mar 22

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Dirty, Feb 4, 2008.

1. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nah...since the stadium isn't actually on the campus (or really near the campus, for that matter), running into dbag rich kids isn't too much of a problem. ;)

2. BUFFALO BILL

BUFFALO BILL New Member

Oct 29, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    March 22 game in Richmond

Will we be allowed to bring drums into the stadium?

3. BUFFALO BILL

BUFFALO BILL New Member

Oct 29, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Does anyone know if we will be able to bring drums into the stadium?

4. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    we always brought them in, I'll remind Oscar to make sure when it gets closer. Still 3 weeks.

5. BUFFALO BILL

BUFFALO BILL New Member

Oct 29, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I just received an email from the Richmond Kickers staff. They said drums are always welcomed. :) So, it is what it is! Gotta go tune up my drum - Bye to all

6. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    To all the Richmond locals,
    Looks like I'm taking the bride down there for the match and figure to make a day trip out of it. Her first time in the south.
    Therefore, if there's something interesting to do down there, besides seeing Gen. Lee's statue...maybe a museum, stripbar, something interesting to check out in the city prior to meetign up w/ the gang at Banditos Burrito Lounge where they show spaghetti westerns.

Thanks fo the help,

7. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    If the weather is nice that day, take a trip to the Canal Walk, which takes you through Brown's Island, Belle Isle, and across the James River. As for museums, there's the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and the Science Museum of Virginia. Strip clubs in Virginia are not fully nude and sometimes the girls are pretty busted, but there are a few in the city. Carytown is a nice little walking/shopping area to visit, and Maymont and Byrd Park are just around the corner (UofR Stadium is actually just behind Carytown as well), which are definitely good places to go if you've never been to the city before. You mentioned the statue of Lee...our big claim to fame is actually the Stonewall Jackson statue on Boulevard and Monument, and if you drive down Monument, you'll see lots of other statues (including one of Arthur Ashe beating children with a tennis racket). I think most of the Richmond crew will be gathering around a keg at Willis' house rather than going to Bandito's, and as far as I know, everyone is welcome. :)

8. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Other spots or some added detail to what Liz already said:

Buzz and Ned's BBQ - The best I have ever had not just the best in Richmond. Also a good selection of bottled beers. Don't try and go there right at lunch time because it is a tiny place and gets crowded easily. Babyback ribs are the way to go.
    Legend Brewing - If it is sunny go there and sit on the deck. Do not order anything other than a pretzel or a burger but you should be going to Buzz and Ned's for lunch so never mind.
    Maymont - They have otters, goats, and bears. Oh my. It is free and on the way to Willis' house and beer.
    Carytown - Cool shops in my mind are World of Mirth - toys, River City Cellars - beer/wine, Plan 9 - music.
    Edgar Allen Poe Museum - never been can't vouch for it looks small from the outside.
    Tredegar Ironworks - get your Civil War freak on. There is a new museum there but I haven't been.
    Museum of the Confedracy - an excellent civil war museum that will be moving soon. One of the hardest to find buildings in Richmond.

That's all I got off the top of my head.

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thread merged....

just a friendly reminder, look to see if a thread already exists before starting a new one. Gracias....

10. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bottoms Up Pizza (where I bartend) best pizza in Richmond year after year, and it's at the begining of the Canal Walk if you swing that way. Oh and besides me, 2 of the managers are also Barra members

11. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmmm looks like i might have to eat there while in richmond!

12. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Richmond has a LOT of amazing places to eat! It's great because we really don't have any of the dumb chain restaurants in the city.

13. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    Hey thanks ya'll...definitely gonna enjoy the ride down there, head on down 95 10am, get there close to noon, have lunch, enjoy the canal and the scenes you've all suggested, catch on w/ the rest of the BBs wherever they are, sounds like it's an open invite to a house party, then the match.
    I won't do much drinking, the bride doesn't like me drunk behind the wheel.

14. ShannonS

ShannonS New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Not here
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then put that woman to work and make her drive!

15. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Anyone planning on driving back up after the match? Just wondering. Could drive some people if needed.

16. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm either going to drive straight back after the match, or I'm going to head back to the Interstate, follow my dreams off into the night and never return.

I haven't really decided.

17. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well if some people want to drive back afterwards, I could be tempted to come on down for this.

18. Publius

Publius Member+

May 22, 2001
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Won't this be a bit of a letdown from the San Siro? ;)

I believe both the SEs and BB are running a road trip of sorts (I haven't fully looked into the details) with buses/vans.

19. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Haha, away at the San Siro in the CL or away at U of R in preseason...:p

I'm up for carpooling with some people. I just need to be back that night after the match, since I didn't go home for spring break. My bad :rolleyes:

20. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    anyone actually plan on staying? I always just drove home afterwards, place is so close it's more like home game (unless you do it every 2 weeks like Richmond people then it's probably not that close :D)

21. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it becomes not too bad after a while, 90 minute drive is nothing. Hell most of the time we make it back from games in time to catch last call at a bar in Richmond

22. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    True! I think the drive actually feels shorter when we do it constantly. :)

23. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    That's the problem, I nicknamed my car after the Uma Thurman's character in Kill Bill, The Bride. Someone's gotta drive her.
    It's a good luck charm thing, superstition.

24. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Willis you haven't chimed in for a while. Everything still good for your house?

25. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm willing to put up my place as a back up of course. Willis?

Pedro