DC United playing in Richmond Mar 22

Discussion in 'Barra Brava' started by Dirty, Feb 4, 2008.

1. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO, please bring everything! I can get ahold of a drum from a friend of mine, and we're working on the Richmond banner, and as you can see Richard is working on getting the group rate for the tickets. But yea, for sure the more stuff you could bring the better, sweet!

Pedro

2. ShannonS

ShannonS New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Not here
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in. Track me down Saturday (cause I don't know what you look like, or I do and I just haven't linked the tailgates to the bigsoccer name) and I'll give you the money.

3. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I ment making sure they don't flip out when they see a flag like at every other stadium. I always make sure to do it beforehand. We've had it all before but always good to check.

4. WillisSkullsVA

WillisSkullsVA New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Richmond Virginia
    I got info from the Kickers in the mail for the group rates too and I was going to try and organize group tickets and beer at the same time (I was thinking $12 for Barra and $15 for non with a free keg at my house) but I just saw today that DCUNITED is selling tickets to the game in advance on thier website for $10 a piece. This is probably the easier way to go but if you need help organizing let me know Richard. Also, I am gonna have plenty of the local drunks on hand at my house before the game to help us tie one on....bike crews, crackheads, and local sluts....they will want to get tickets too so I will try and get a count on those (Stu, my wife, friends from my work) and be held responsible if they don't pay up or I can front you the cash for all of them so you don't have to have that burden. If you are still gonna go through the kickers ticket office let me know and I won't get a ticket through the DCUNITEd site but I did want to put that out there for any DC folks coming down that may find it easier to work it that way....Next question:
    Is there any way we can get the Carlsburg deal or whomever Barra has a deal with right now for the pregame keg(s) or should I just look into Legend, Richbrau, or PABST FUC*in' BLUE RIBBON!

5. writered21

writered21 Member+

Jul 14, 2001
    Middle of the Road
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cleared the slate for that day (yeah, like that was difficult). I'll be there.

6. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Willis I talked with the DCU office and they said it is best to go through the Kickers for group tickets. So I will be getting tickets from them tomorrow. I plan on buying 25 tickets. First come first serve. Those listed below already have a ticket with their name on it. My work is going to be crazy tomorrow so I might not be able to update this list until late or saturday.

Some folks have volunteered to pay me Saturday if they mean this Saturday no can do because I am not coming up. Pay me game day.

Ticket List so far:

Me
    Page
    Pedro
    Liz (said she will have others)
    Brian
    Willis (said he will have others)
    ShanonS
    Dirty
    Zanna
    Mad Saxon
    Nelson

7. ShannonS

ShannonS New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Not here
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about Liz take up a collection this Saturday to bring back down to you so you'll have the fundage sooner?

8. Shannan

Shannan New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Arlington
    Please count me in for a ticket!!!

Shannan (with an A)

9. the mad saxon

the mad saxon New Member

Sep 19, 2007
    virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    inca is coming to the game with me as well. nate is a possable.

10. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Revised list:

Me
    Page
    Pedro
    Liz (said she will have others)
    Willis (said he will have others)
    ShanonS
    Dirty
    Zanna
    Mad Saxon (Nelsen maybe)
    Nelson
    Inca
    Shannan (with an A)

11. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a big deal, I plan to put it on the credit card and pay it off before the payment is due. If however Liz or any other Richomonder wants to bring me my XXL barra-brava jersey (if they run small like previous years) that would be cool.

12. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Barra members going to Richmond shoot email to Oscar or call him up and he'll get all tickets as group

$10

hozkar98@cox.net
    571-594-3819

13. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay looks like a change of plans. Oscar will handle all the tickets.

14. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  15. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'll see what I can do. :) To my knowledge, I'm the only one going up there this weekend.

16. sussexcentralsoccer

Nov 6, 2005
    Bethany Beach
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's funny because it's true...

17. sussexcentralsoccer

Nov 6, 2005
    Bethany Beach
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be in Richmond that weekend anyway, visiting the girlfriends parents in Chesterfield so I will definetly be at the game.

18. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    BARRA BRAVA ROAD TRIP TO RICHMOND
    D.C. UNITED v. RICKMOND KICKERS
    PRE-SEASON FRIENDLY

Date & Time: SATURDAY MARCH 22, 2008 7:00 P.M.

Directions: From I-95 S. 95 South to 195 South (Downtown Expressway). Take Rosewood Avenue Exit. Turn left at McCloy Street. Stadium is on the right.
    Tickets: $10.00. Please email and/or call Oscar to request tickets to the game.
    hozkar98@cox.net
    571-594-3819

Tailgating: Tailgating at The University of Richmond Stadium is not kosher. The Stadium is in a very residential neighborhood. Anyone who is going to consume at the parking lots does so at their own risk. Also, parking can be a small nightmare as the lots fill quickly and street parking is limited.

However, we are Barra and therefore we pre-game. Banditos Burrito Lounge http://www.banditosburritolounge.com/ is a popular pre-game destination for D.C. United Fans.

Transportation: No organized transportation but many people will be carpooling. Try the below bigsoccer thread for more info.

For Additional Information: https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=989

Washington, D.C. - D.C. United announced today plans for a preseason exhibition in Richmond, VA with the USL-2 Richmond Kickers, Saturday, March 22. Kick-off for the game is set for 7:00 p.m. at the University of Richmond Stadium. This preseason exhibition will serve as United's final warm-up game prior to the start of the MLS season. General admission tickets are $15/person and can be ordered in advance via www.RichmondKickers.com.

19. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We the Richmond folks have been organizing a gathering at Willis' house. Just on the other side of the river not far (not walking distance but just as close as Bandito's) from the stadium. Once we finalize those plans hopefully that will be the Barra destination. We are thinking keg which would make things cheaper as all you would need to do is make a small donation. Details to come.

20. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just want to remind all these folks that Oscar has stepped up and is taking care of all Barra ticket needs, not myself as was previously stated in this thread. Oscar is charging the same $10 that I was planning on getting so all is good.

Please email and/or call Oscar to request tickets to the game.
    hozkar98@cox.net
    571-594-3819

21. dcLIZunited

dcLIZunited New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Lot 8, RVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Wow, I'm pretty stoked that an official Barra email has gone out about the game in Richmond! For those of you unfamiliar with the area, get in contact with a local Barra member (me, pedrounited, rwhgeek, moreno9, dougdobey, etc.) to find out more about our pre/post game activities and sleeping accommodations in the area.

As it was stated in the email, UofR Stadium is NOT tailgate friendly, and parking kind of sucks. I usually park in the neighborhood instead of the lot. Alcoholic beverages are NOT allowed (or even sold) in the stadium, but you can take a chance with a flask if you dare. I believe SE also plan on gathering at Banditos before the game, which isn't quite walking distance but it's close by - they do have some tasty snacks and cheap beer, plus a good selection of tequila. As it was already said, Willis plans on having a little keg gathering at his house too for those that might want to partake.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in our little city! :D RVA!

22. Dirty

Dirty New Member

Sep 26, 2007
    NOVA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Already taken care of....

23. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    Hmmm...I've been wanting to take The Bride out for a south of nova trip.

24. PedroUnited

PedroUnited Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    screw Bandito's, I'm going to willis's house, that'll definitely feel like more of a tailgate

Pedro

25. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    and if you go down early enough you can go play ultimate frisbee with the UofR students next to the stadium :):)