DC United Players v St. Kitts & Nevis [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Lanky134, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Got mine a few days ago., as well.

2. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia

I'd just like to add my 2 cents about Carroll and Esky:

- In my experience I find the d-mid/wing positions almost counterintuitive in their non-interchangability. like you, Malcolm, I'd think that d-mid is the more complex position than left back or wing midfield but I think that for some players, possibly Carroll (make that probably Carroll) d-mid might be easier because they have more options in both moving and passing and that oddly enough the sideline actually hampers these players' thought processes. I think Kovalenko is a similar player: it's not just his speed that makes him a poor winger, it's that he's too far removed from help.

Convey in this regard? I think he's good enough not to have these problems. Like you though, I think he should be in the center for DCU.

-Eskandarian, without doubt, would have scored 7-8 goals this year if he had gotten Curtis' minutes, IMO. And as such he would have been a viable player come the end of the season and playoff time rather than that disconnected player we saw get two yellows in the Cows game.

3. DeezNutzz

DeezNutzz BigSoccer Yellow Card

Apr 12, 2003
    Rockville
  4. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh yeah, in the big "press tent" :) I had my tickets, they just went to a different address than I was looking for them at ;-) I feel much better now.
    Now, can we stop the rain storms?