Post-match: DC United @ houston dynamo :: Friday, 4/29

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Bison1997, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When: Friday, 4/29/11, 8:30pm
    Where: robertson stadium
    League Records : DC 2-1-3 (7 pts), hou 2-3-1 (9 pts)
    TV: FSC
    Twitter: #DCU on game day
    houston weather on Friday: Sunny, 86/61

Baby animal of the week: seriously?

VAMOS UNITED!

-- Anyone headed down there for this one?

2. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that sucked. But it was a good effort.

I thought Boskovic showed exactly why we needed him in the middle all this time. No idea what we're going to do about Simms and McCarty.

Tough late goal to give up, but at least it was close.

...wait. Ohhhh, this is pre and in-game thread. My bad.

3. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Liam O'Malley

Liam O'Malley Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol

5. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Why the hell is there a pre-game thread before the previous game has even kicked off?

6. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Because the game is on Friday not Saturday, and let's face it, more people probably interested in a national FSC game than our reserves vs Nicol's U-17s tonight?

7. 101st ABN DIV

101st ABN DIV New Member

Dec 18, 2005
    FT Meade, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We need the win or at least a point.. at this point a 0 -0 would stop the bleeding.. at least boost the confidence.. but we do need a few things besides a win... (no loss!!).. we need more shots on goal.. more shots.. we do not convert our good play into attempts at goal.. we need to make the other keeper work more.. alot more..

I will be in Tennessee this week and I hope to find a spot to take this match in.. it may be me and my laptop and a few beers

8. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Down in front!

9. babieca

babieca Member

Jul 12, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I can get out of work early enough to make the drive. Outlook is good. Would like to sit with other DCU fans if anyone is going.

10. Black.White&Red

Sep 9, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    That is HD!

Besides I'll have enough Captain Morgan to kill a horse...

ps-I would invite Chico over but he probably would drink all of it, can't have that! :D:)

11. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    The little blue jug is

[​IMG]

Not too many are old enough to remember this line of the tv commercial

12. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, if we only had 2 billion of those coupons we might be able to get started on a stadium.

13. MagpieFan

MagpieFan Member+

Apr 25, 2004
    Back in DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [starts printing]

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Guilty!

I'm not happy with the way we're bleeding goals all of a sudden. Did NY expose our left flank for all to see? Anyone that went to the Plex tonight care to chime in?

15. clarendon_united

Feb 13, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone needs to go. We lost 4-0 at home to fucking New York. We're out of the open cup. We're def losing against Houston. Even if it's not 2010 all over again it's not gonna be much better. Oh and Kasper built that fabulous 2010 team and is still the one building the future nothing teams. Burch has been useless. Simms has been useless. McCarty has been useless. This shit team's got to either play a middleaged guy or a kid just coming off an injury in goal. Ben "not ready" Olsen's naivete gets us raped at home and playing the wrong guys gets us knocked out of the open cup. I'm sure now the excuse from our whining fans will be that Boskovic is injured if he's out for more than a game. Yeah blame NE instead of the retards putting this together. Not even gonna bring up Payne, ownership, & the stadium. We're not gonna win shit this year. We're not gonna win shit next year.

16. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

Jul 31, 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I, too, question Branko being in the lineup tonight. He would have played the entire match were it not for the injury, which makes me think Benny still isn't convinced he's starting material for league games. Despite limited minutes, Branko has been the best DCU player on the pitch in the last two matches (three, counting tonight), and yet Benny seems to damn him with faint praise (he was "OK" or "pretty good" after his last games, which seems pretty tepid). I guess Ben wasn't planning to start him in Houston. Now that he's injured, it becomes a moot point. What more does he have to do to? He had two ferocious goals tonight, hit the post with a free kick and forced an excellent save on another.

17. redcomet

redcomet Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    I hope Branko is okay and not out for long.

18. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    I would say Friday is a game that is, at least, a "must draw." Let's see who on the roster has the stones to raise their game.

19. scruggs45

scruggs45 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    kp, va
    The only thing that would be worse than losing to Houston on Friday would be if Boswell scores the game winning goal.

That. Would. Suck.

20. La Barra Blonde

Oct 21, 2007
    Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, this mantra has got to stop. The 4-0 loss against NY was a far better game than the 3-0 win against Toronto. Just shut up and listen for a minute.

Toronto sucked. Yes I was at the game and it was a lot of fun. But they sucked. Other than a confidence boost, it didn't do much for us.

NY was a real challenge. The game was open and fast and despite the 4-0 loss, probably the best game I've seen all season. Granted I saw this one on TV instead of the stands so I had a bit of distance from it but it didn't look like the train wreck that the score would suggest. The first two goals were from leaving Henry, former FIFA player of the year, completely unmarked. Hate on him all you want, the man still has moves and he ate our defense for lunch. Can't fault our guys for being completely outclassed. Benny or someone must have chewed them out in the locker room because things tightened up in the second half and our boys really did fight back. We got some great shots in and really should have had a couple of goals in there. The third goal from NY was again, because Lindpere was completely unmarked (do I sense a theme here) and the fourth was an amazing goal by Agudelo. Sure he's MetroScum but that was an amazing goal and our guys did everything they could to stop it.

As much as I hate to admit it, NY probably has the best team in the league right now. We played well but were outclassed but not humiliated, playing-wise. So now on to Houston. I have no clue how they are doing this year. Is Cronin any closer to being ready for prime time? I'd like to see him in goal for a change.

21. itwasi

itwasi Member+

May 9, 2008
    I don't know
    Club:
    DC United
    I've watched most of all the mls games. jesey has a better team than dc united. Toronto has a worse team than dc united. NE has a worse team than DC but is Nicol coached. Chicago is a worse team than DC. Philly is about the same (talent wise-maybe a bit less) than DC but is Nowak coached. The Wiz might a have a better team but (key) injuries and suspensions make them hard to judge right now. Houston has about the same level of talent as DC but is Kinnear coached. I see DC fighting Hou, NE (if their luck continues-which has been a big part of their wins/ties so far), and the Wiz all fighting for the third/fourth EC playoff spot.

So this Houston match is a real test-not like against jersey where a draw was something and not against toronto were united should beat a team that poor. Houston is on par if not slightly better than United-so we'll see what they can do.

22. joehill

joehill Member

Sep 28, 2005
    brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    i'd rather have our young guys have a losing season while learning the right way to play an attractive brand of soccer than play bunkerball like philly did against NJ or just be a physical, hacking team like NE

23. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Goff tweet from 1 minute ago: Boskovic MRI negative, should be in mix for Houston trip.

WHEW!

24. nobletea

nobletea Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 29, 2004
    HarCo
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take two asperin and call me from Houston in the morning.

25. Liam O'Malley

Liam O'Malley Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent news.