DC United @ CD Chivas USA :: April 2, 2005

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Nov 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I suggest a "!negnoR eriF" banner.

2. IncaEnclave

IncaEnclave Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    that's easy just bring those small orange soccer cones that you use for dribbling practice and and tie a rubber band at the bottom and ...bam....you've got your very own OTC hat .....sounded very martha stewart-ish huh?

3. IncaEnclave

IncaEnclave Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    if we do bring a lamb in, the perfect chant to annoy the hell outta chivas would be "mary had a little lamb"...but they may not understand chants ...you know them being spanish-speaking and all :rolleyes:

4. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    The babelfish translation for the spanish version of "Mary had a little lamb" is probably pretty entertaining :D

But I really don't want to know what babelfish thinks Mary is doing with the lamb :eek:

-dave

5. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Not saying it's hard, but you'ld need FO support to get most of the stadium to be wearing them.

Though the impact of just the supporters groups doing it would probably be good enough. :D

-dave

6. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Actually goat meat tastes great :)

(and since I'm vegetarian you know I'm hard to impress there heheh)

7. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thomas would probably have a good laugh on seeing a bunch of DC supporters sporting OTCs on their heads! :D

GM

8. Chummer

Chummer Member

Jun 5, 2000
    Virginia
    I'm in... maybe the wedding will be back on and we'll get to see another drunk bride running the hall in her undies screaming "it's over!"

We better warn Najas we're coming, and make sure Andy isn't in Africa!!

9. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what you think!

10. jlm120170

jlm120170 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    maryland

Yea ever tried curry goat.Almost like eating a spicy beef stew.

11. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    "It's the Coach, Stupid"

Or whatever it was the banner said. Might as well welcome Thomas back to coaching the league with something memorable. :)

12. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I say we gotta have both banners.

!negnoR eriF

and

It's the Coach, Stupid

With OTC's all over each of the fan sections.

13. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    LA security would probably tell you that OTCs are form of WMD and not allowed in...

14. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    Well, you can count me in for this trip. I had a great time out there. I spent an extra day just relaxing on Monday and man, oh my was that nice.

I think we can pull off good numbers for this. In addition, although it pains me a little to say this, we should get in contact with the galaxitive fans. They already have hatched a plan to get a section of their fans together and heckle the goats. I think it would be an opportunity to coordinate with them to bolster our presence a wee bit (maybe not in our section, per se, but an adjacent one would work).

Anyway, I highly recommend to those that were unable to do the trip to the final to come out for this one and celebrate the champions in style and with purpose. I'm sure there will be great arrangements, etc. I had the best flights on JetBlue: non-stop from Dulles, super convenient at the small and nice Long Beach airport...15 minute drive to the hotel and stadium. For convenience this could have been my easiest flying roadtrip ever.

For this game, with the extra planning opportunity I think we can improve on some of our visual stuff. But we can save that for next year and a different thread.

I almost forgot. A suggestion for the road-trip planners: consider offering separate packages for those that can only do the quick trip and another for those wishing to do a long weekend.

Cheers,
    Tim

15. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    We have to get a plane for this game. We have to let Rongen know that he will never have it easy here again.

Seriously though, this should be a fun one.

16. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    We looked at this for LA - it is super-expensive unless you know you'll get 15 people (group discount on JetBlue) doing each.

If it's under 15 people, then it would cost the same for someone to buy their own airline ticket, and that's not a situation we want to get in, because everyone wants to set their own schedule as much as possible.

17. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Thankfully we have a ton of time for this trip. If people are serious about it we can really show Chivas how the best MLS fans are and set an example.

There would be nothing better for this league than to have a loyal group of Chivas supporters at each of their away games, just look at the improved atmosphere when Metros fans come down to RFK, and the other way around.

18. Kenobi

Kenobi Member

Jul 11, 1999
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait for Southwest to have another "Friends Fly Free" sale. It would mean flying out of BWI, but 1/2-price tickets would be worth the inconvenience.

19. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another potential positive of this roadtrip, the debut of:

[​IMG]

http://chivas.usa.mlsnet.com/MLS/cdc/chivagirls/

I thought they were going to be serious about American soccer?

20. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    What's not serious about cheerleaders? They have them in the MFL. I'm not at all surprised that a Mexican team coming to MLS would bring cheerleaders too.

:D

21. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Another banner:

"Thomas Rongen - The Barry Switzer of MLS"

Or something like

"Rongen : MLS :: Switzer : NFL"

: :: : are the symbols for "is to," right?

;)

22. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I'd be offended if DCU ever needed paid cheerleaders :D

23. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Goat Hearted!?! :D

24. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Ok, I have a question ...

Grammatically speaking is it "Gringo Chivas," or "Gringas Chivas," or something entirely different?

25. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Both team and cheerleaders should be "Gringas Chivas".