DC United @ CD Chivas USA (4/2) - Away Supporters & Roadtrippers - What's The Plan?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Knave, Jan 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Shortly after this opening weekend game was announced there was some talk from the Screaming Eagles (IIRC) about organizing a DC United section at this game in LA. Is that still being planned?

I'd like to know because if a supporters club isn't going to organize a DC United section then I will. I'd just like to know one way or another.

So are there plans?

2. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Re: DC United @ CD Chivas USA (4/2) - What are our plans?

There are plans. The Best Western has been called :) Watch this space.

3. DP_elyanqui

DP_elyanqui New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    vagabond

Completely off-topic but your Avatar is classic! Go Terps! Hopefully the tears will be flowing after Comcast too - when was the last time they swept Duke? Play defense like that and this team could be dangerous come March.

4. Eskandarian11

Eskandarian11 New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia

Im goin to this game too, let me know please, Id love to sit with the DC United crowd.

5. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Out of curiosity, were you at one of the LA games this year with a sign for Alecko? A group of what looked to be Armeninans had a sign that said something about Alecko and Armenia, just curious if that was you or someone else :)

6. tmas

tmas Member

Dec 30, 2002

I might be out there for family reasons so if United supporters are sitting together I would like to know. I would rather not be pelted with piss bags/beer/pretzels/condoms/dildos whatever comes my way (alright I made the last few up).

7. Eskandarian11

Eskandarian11 New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia

I know what you are talking about, but no, it wasn't me, although I attended that game as well. That was a group of Armenian Alecko fans from Glendale, CA, which is also my hometown. Glendale has the largest Armenian population outside of Yerevan, Armenia.

It was I believe at the MLS Cup Final that was broadcast on ABC and they showed the group holding a sign reading "Your Number 1 Fans from Glendale, Eskandarian 11".

8. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United

The question is, how are we going to slaughter a goat in the stadium?

Sachin

9. Short Irish Guy

Short Irish Guy New Member

May 1, 2003
    Houston

I'm going to try to fly out there for the opener. I'd love to finally hang with the lot of ya :D

10. voyager

voyager Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Frederick, MD
    Club:
    DC United

My plans include a celebratory 6-pack after United wins the game by a 3-0 margin.

11. freddyboy

freddyboy New Member

Nov 24, 2003
    Eugene, OR

As much as I would like to attend, it looks like that weekend is already booked up by my job. Also, because I am going to visit Germany and Russia from April 7 - May 11, I will miss the home opener as well:(.

At least I will be able to watch the games off of my Tivo when I get back.

12. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA
    DCU vs. Chivas

Just wondering if anyone is planning on going to this game out in L.A.

It would be nice if we could get a small presence since this is the opening match and will be nationally televised on ABC.

13. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: DCU vs. Chivas

We always seem to have a good group of people - if you want to start putting a group together and aim for 15 people. That way you can buy a block of tickets ensuring everyone sits together in the same area. People can pay you via paypal or at the game.

If you don't want to organize this outing let us know and one of us can pick up the slack.

But for counting sake I am in as is my wife - 2 tickets.

james

14. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA

I dont think single game tickets have gone on sale yet. I will try to contact the chivas ticket office in the next few days and ask if we can get a block of tickets. I will let everyone know what I find out.

15. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I believe the Screaming Eagles are promoting a trip out for the opener, or at least a ticket buy. I know several people are flying out, and we have fans who already live thereabouts.

16. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999

For the past couple years I've helped to organize the DC United groups at HDC and would do so again if SE wasn't stepping up to organize things. But for this match we should follow SE's lead and sit with them.

17. tmas

tmas Member

Dec 30, 2002

As I said before I will be out there and want to go. The only problem is my family will be with me, which might change things. So count me in for 4 tickets (possibly 5).

18. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese

Don't flame for this idea, but maybe talk to some of the people with the LA Riot Squad, Galaxians, etc. Heaven forbid, even try to coordinate getting a section next to them. There has been talk from them about going to the Chivas opener to cheer against them.

Just an idea.

19. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999

I recall hearing something about that in the past. I'm not sure if 1) anything has been done by SE to coordinate things, and 2) if I personally want to intermingle with Galaxy fans. Maybe if they're in the section next to us ... that might work. But not among us. ;)

But, again, I think we should let SE take the lead for the season opener. Drawing from mainly from the California crowd, for regular season games at HDC we've never had more than 20 or so people. And while we do pretty well noise-wise on your average day, I'm pretty sure we'll be drowned out on opening day. But if we combine with SE then maybe we could have (guessing) 40-50 people there. That would be impressive and I don't think those numbers would be drowned out.

I just don't want to get into a situation where we have two mid-size groups of DC United supporters sitting in different locations. It'd be much better to combine and gather everyone into one place.

20. mikeb3142

mikeb3142 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Pasadena CA

I agree with this. Having one larger group is definitely the way to go.

21. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Opening day on April 2nd, anyone plan on going?

Any west coast DC fans going to opening day at the HDC on April 2nd?

If so, what section will you be sitting in? I'd like to go and taunt the Chivas team and thought it might be best if I sat with other away support.

Mike

22. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Re: Opening day on April 2nd, anyone plan on going?

I believe there is a screaming eagles trip to LA for the opener. So there should be at least that group of fans you could sit with. Look for the thread here on the DC boards about a trip for the opener and they probably discuss the section they are planning on sitting in.

23. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Re: Opening day on April 2nd, anyone plan on going?

Threads merged.

--

Hey SE folks! What's the latest?

24. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: DC United @ CD Chivas USA (4/2) - Away Supporters & Roadtrippers - What's The Pla

Yes.

What's going on guys?

james

25. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Paging Paul to the BigSoccer courtesy phone...