DC Away (8.22) Roadtrip

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by Z010 Union, Aug 2, 2010.

1. VandalRedSkin

VandalRedSkin New Member

May 11, 2010
    Philly
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: SoB in DC made me proud

I'm surprised at that to be honest. my kid brother said he went downstairs and started jumping around a bunch of DC support singing "rfk is falling down" and a few closed in around him, but did nothing. so security gives you shit for running around flying a flag, but does nothing to my brother for instigating hahaha. love it

2. VandalRedSkin

VandalRedSkin New Member

May 11, 2010
    Philly
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    mine are steel toe too. still don't see the problem :D

3. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm twice the size of you :D

4. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

they weren't mean about it or anything. very polite in fact.

they just weren't being very flexible about it.

i said to the Shaq-sized security dude that i didn't notice him the first half, and that i guess they brought someone up my sized in case i tried to run with the flag again in the second half, and he didn't say anything, but he gave me this big smile.

5. weeszel

weeszel Member

Feb 3, 2010
    sec 139
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

was a great sob event in dc ... horrible time for the union to play its worst game of the season ... fun tailgate ...wish i had an mp3 of our march up the ramps... even with the wrong turn that the dc security led us on... flc at 20:10 was the way it should be every week in the river end .. great chants .. we stay in the rain and didn't even get free hats..etc ...capos did a great job and awesome drum work throughout... ... must say that 139 represented well too during the game... was a great time... wish i had dvred live well instead of channel 6 ...

6. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agreed, great trip all the way around.
    Thank god it rained, because that heat was really starting to suck.

I would say this trip was much better than the NY (league) trip, and almost as good as our visit to the 07 MLS Cup in DC.

In honor of our hosts, I stopped on the way home and had dinner in Baltimore (a dozen crabs, corn, and beer).

7. Dbird76

May 12, 2009
    Buggytopia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 8/22/10 - DC Away Bus Trip - Berks/Lanco/York/H-Burg

We're likely to get a clean sheet first...

8. jimlogue

jimlogue Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Medford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In the future this is going to get even greater with more and more fans going both ways due to the shorter trip. Baltimore is only about 75 minutes from chester.

9. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

if my memory serves me correctly, the Ravens stadium isn't really near neither the Inner Harbor nor Fells Point.

that being said, if they have the same kind of fan support they had in DC yesterday, the limited parking around the Ravens stadium certainly won't be an issue :D.

10. CopaMundial

CopaMundial Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

fixed, for accuracy.

11. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I wonder what the school was where they used to have parking for the old Municipal Stadium?

Speaking of which, THAT stadium was a dump.

Saw an Eagles-Ravens 10-10 tie there, wanted to do the Oedipus eye gouge thing at the end of it that game was so bad.

12. Eugene_R

Eugene_R New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for the kind words. I brought the streamers in and gave quite a few away, but was waiting until we scored to throw them. I'm still waiting...

13. Laudy

Laudy New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Reinholds, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes I do have photographic evidence of the event.

It seems that every trip I have ever made to the DC/Baltimore area results in some sort of memorable event. One trip to an Eagles preseason game ended with an overnight stay in Cockeysville, MD after getting a second flat tire on the way home from the game. Another trip a friends car broke down and we were stuck at a McDonalds for 3 hours waiting for a ride.

Now on Sunday I avoided the automotive complcations but on a simple piss stop 2 of the 3 occupants managed to fall down a hill with a 20-30% grade. I literally watched Dave disappear from view as he took that fateful step. Then I proceeded to watch Jim who was only 5 or 10 feet away do the same thing. Kyle was the only one sober enough to walk 10 feet from the car into the weeds and do his business.

Jim emerged from the precipice rather quickly after his piss but Dave on the other hand had a much more eventful ascent from the ravine. All I can say if anyone has seen the movie Black Sheep you'll be able to picture his struggle. The part I am referring to is where Farley falls down the hill and stops half way down and grabs a small tree to support himself. Then the tree gives way and he falls the rest of the way down the hill. Well Dave did this several times. After a short rest he was able to make it far enough up the hill to grab the cargo strap that I threw down to him so he could use that to pull himself up the hill. It was one of the funniest things I have seen in some time, sorry Dave. I'll now never forget the wonderful quaint town of Loganville, PA.

Just to clarify slitz, at the next exit there was a Rutter's convienence store not a rest stop but they had pubilc restrooms nonetheless.

I'll post the pics tonight as I can't download them from my iphone at work.

14. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. thechairman

thechairman New Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Bryn Mawr, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's no guarantee that DCU will move to Baltimore. But assuming they do, would it be into a new stadium built there, or would they play at M&T until a stadium is built? I assume that the whole point of them moving is because they need their own stadium. If they aren't moving until a new stadium is built, then we'll probably have to go to RFK for at least a couple more years. Ugh.

16. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well that does it, I gotta get him this just on general principal:

[​IMG]

17. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. yahmpy

yahmpy New Member

Feb 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

DUDE!! I have your scarf!!

I grabbed it thinking it was mine (only realized it when I got home and saw I had two We Are The Union scarves).

Message me on here and let me know the next game you'll be at so I can get it back to you.

19. JINX_1391

JINX_1391 New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I doubt they'll move to M&T...more likely they'll be playing at FedEx field. I don't know, I didn't take the time to research this any but that makes more since to put them in there, rather than all the way up to B-more. Most of their fan base are partial to Metro'ing it to the stadium, doubt they'd be up to the 30min drive or even riding the Mark-Train. Although, you could probably fit all their fans into a few cars for the drive up...

20. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    i trip up steps all the time. i've gotten used to my feet now so it doens't happen as much as when i was 15-25, but i still do it. going down stairs is a whole new adventure too.

and yes, i'm the guy in the kilt. ventur is just jealous.

mine are steel toe too. i have no issue except when it's really cold out. then i can't wear the docs because my toes freeze really quickly.

then you shouldn't have any issue picking up some weight with those tree trunk legs of yours. ;)

21. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

For what little Danny Snyder would charge them, no way. Plus, it's to his benefit that they stay in RFK. IIRC, if no one uses the stadium as their venue, control reverts back to the Federal Government, not the Stadium Authority. Snyder wants to put a future stadium downtown, this is the logical place to rebuild.

22. JINX_1391

JINX_1391 New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Complete with robots and space guns...pew pew pew!

23. KnightofNi

KnightofNi Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

i'll be laughing at this one for a while.
    that was hilarious

24. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

25. JINX_1391