Dayak to start, Goose to sit

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Albany58, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
  3. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goose hasn't appeared the same the last couple of games (even slower than normal). I think this is a good move to get him some rest and give Troy some playing time. At this moment, it's more important to get healthy and in form for the playoffs.

Also, good news about Faria showing up at practice next Monday...

4. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to hear Goose is getting a COMPLETE week's rest. That's better than just the day of the game.

It does beg the question: what happens if Troy's knee doesn't hold up during the game and has to come out? Will Jeff be there waiting in the wings?

I also wonder who will start on the left side and who will start on the right between Troy and Eddie.

5. equakesfan

equakesfan Member

Sep 13, 2002
    San Jose
    I'm happy to hear that Troy's back, but I'd rather see come off the bench for at least one game before starting. I'm concerned that he's coming back too early (like Robinson did earlier in the year against Chicago). I'd rather see him be a sub this week and start Robinson and Waibel as the center backs with Dayak in for Waibel at about 60'. Next week against Dallas, start Dayak and Agoos (if ready) so that Dayak and Agoos get to play the rest of the season and into the playoffs together.

6. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the Earthquakes notebook Agoos will not travel with the team this week so he won't be waiting in the wings. I would expect to see Roner, Dyak, Robinson, and Dunivant with Waibel coming on to replace Dyak if necessary. Normaly I would expect to see a player returning from injury to see time as a substitute first, but with Agoos gone Dyak's presence is needed to keep the defence organized. That's what he and Agoos both do so well that keeps the defence solid.

7. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! Sounds like a plan!