Day 160 of Quarantine: We've Settled for Keeping Bale - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What should be top priority for the club this summer?

1. Sign Camavinga

33.3%
  2. Sell Bale/James (and other deadweight)

40.9%
  3. Address backup RB

1.5%
  4. Save the funds for next summer, go after Mbappe

24.2%
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still favor Mbappe but i question that decision every time i see Haaland play, the guy is so freaking good.

2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As noted already, might be financially impossible but IMO, right now, although most believe in Benz, we could do with both

3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Both man. One year after the other.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All transfers depend on the state of football at the moment the transfer window opens. Things seem to be heading into no fans/small groups at the end of the season.

We need a conclusive plan for next season. Going into next season without stadiums being filled in any satisfying capacity will change the sport as we know it.

German government officials said that football should be happy games are even allowed to happen the way they do under the current circumstances.

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    We need a killer.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Florentino should save us the trouble of hearing such an excuse.

... especially when he spent four of the last five summers saving money and telling us we had the best team too hard to improve.

All that shit you've been "saving". Bring it out.

Anon. and Halycon repped this.
  7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    With the way Halaand is playing and center forwards being a dying breed these days it would be beyond stupid to wait until 2022 to make a move for him, this is not 2002, we’re not the top dogs in the market anymore, there will be other clubs vying for him.
    We have to move for him this year, even if it is to just have an pre agreement of sort with Dortmund for 2022 or else this kid will be wearing another jersey

Yannick Relens and Kroosinator repped this.
  8. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haaland is a killer in front of goal and can score a variety of ways. He has that Ronaldo mentality of never being satisfied and wanting to score more and more goals. At the moment I'd say his stock is higher than Mbappe's in the football world.

Shay Z, robertocarlos3 and madridista_hr repped this.
  9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    putting it all on mbappe, which I'm not even convinced that he will not sign a new contract with PSG, is suicide.

10. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Mbappe has clearly stagnated at PSG. What trait has he added to his game while he’s been there. Hard to see. He’s become more of a diva, something Ayeyain was telling us way before it became obvious.

Haaland just looks more focused, more hungry, his instincts are crazy good. He’s still young and has to get better. I’ve seen him disappear against good teams.

The way things are going economically, I don’t know if we’ll be able to sign either. Sigh.

2Magia2, MaxY, Anon. and 3 others repped this.
  11. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018

12. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Vinicius and Rodrygo still have the potential to become great wingers. Benzema, however, is reaching the final stages of his career. I'd focus on Haaland first.

Look how shit Barça looks without a real presence in the box (not that Benzema excels at it, but at least he has the physique of a CF).

2Magia2, 4x4s, PigBenis and 5 others repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think she's speculating and I don't think it makes sense. Why would PSG allow the potential best player in the world to leave for free at age 22? I think it would be more likely he extends and doesn't come than for him to come in 2022.

This coming summer, 2021, is the time to do it. Now or never

Saeta Rubia, lukita, 4x4s and 3 others repped this.
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #2389 Shay Z, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Exactly. Only a severely brain damaged GM would allow that to happen.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    FW: FCbayern. Alaba

2Magia2, J-Mezzy, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  16. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If offloading Isco during the winter break is an option; would an Eriksen loan be worth considering?

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No because idealy all that playing time goes to Odegaard

ImadEdd, madridista_hr and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I used to be like Eriksen a lot but the moment he chose Inter Milan i knew that he doesn't have what it takes to make it at a club like Real Madrid. He's 28 now, and has regressed a lot imo.

As 4x4s said, give the minutes to Odegaard.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I can see the owners refuse to sell and be completely fine with just letting him walk for free the next year.

2Magia2 repped this.
  20. 2Magia2

2Magia2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 17, 2018
    Its PSG. Whats the best we can offer with an year left ? 100, 150M ? Thats still peanuts for them. On the other hand if they end up winning a CL, Mbappe might decide to stay. IMO it will take a world record fee if we are to get him next summer. Haaland seems to be more feasible/achievable target.

Yep, dude kissed PSG crest after scoring against Monaco at Monaco. Picking up all the wrong habits.

21. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    MUST.........BUY.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We've been chasing Mbappe since he was a U16 player. If you think we won't make him the priority you're dreaming.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. Glide84

Glide84 Member+

Jan 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No thanks to Erikson... not sure how that improves our team at all even if a Isco swap could be pulled off.

Some here were clamoring to get him before Inter... we need younger legs in mid, I’m all in on Carmavinga if we can land him. Could be a breath of fresh air like Fede has been.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mbappe will be Perez's priorty, I believe. I actually believe Mbappe has a secret agreement with us. But after last night, I am jumping over to the Haaland's bandwagon. This guy is going to score over 40 goals per season for most seasons. We need that goalscorer.

Ahmadi8, madridista_hr and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As much as I want Halaand, it is going to be Mbappe. It just makes too much sense with him being French, Zidane likes him, Perez likes him and wanted him, and he wants to play for Real.

Our priority next summer should be
    Buy: Mbappe, Camavinga
    Sell: Isco, Marcelo, Bale, Ceballos

Hopefully fans are back before the season ends and we are in a better position financially to spend some cash. There is no way we can go into next season expecting to win any trophies without any reinforcements.

Anon. and Shay Z repped this.