Day 160 of Quarantine: We've Settled for Keeping Bale - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What should be top priority for the club this summer?

1. Sign Camavinga

33.3%
  2. Sell Bale/James (and other deadweight)

40.9%
  3. Address backup RB

1.5%
  4. Save the funds for next summer, go after Mbappe

24.2%
  1. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Do you think playing for RM in a bad streak is worth a few millions of euros? How much of a fanboy one should be for doing such sacrifice; especially after already winning multiple times everything he could at the club level... If he was ready to sacrifice money he's worth for a sporting perspective, he'd stay where he is. I can't see him sacrificing both sporting and financial perspective for a bit of vague reputation.

Anon. and ImadEdd repped this.
  2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Vague reputation, lol. You and I don’t know how he thinks so we’re all just speculating.

If we sign a superstar next summer like Mbappe, things can change very quickly around here.

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anon. and madridista_hr repped this.
  4. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    DutchFanatic repped this.
  5. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's always chubby.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Digital repped this.
  7. Beowulf112

Beowulf112 Member

Real Madrid
    Croatia
    Jun 3, 2018
    Uncle Flo I want Haaland,Mbappe,Alaba for the next year.

Curtois-mendy ramos alaba carvajal casemiro modric valverde rodrygo vinicius mbappe haaland

This team will smash everyone
    Haaland clause is 70M €,mbappe might cost around 100 M€ and alaba is free.

New stadium for new era of galacticos

8. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Haaland’s clause seems to only be active from 2022, and whilst Alaba’s contract is running out there’s still a sign on bonus and inflated salary to consider, so not technically free but definitely worth reaching out.

As for Mbappe at €100m, not sure what world you’re living in lol.

Saint Iker, Deep Pal, Shay Z and 4 others repped this.
  9. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Saint Iker, libertao, Shay Z and 7 others repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We can't go for Halaand till 2022.

Next summer we need to first get rid of the deadweights and strugglers. Then we need to focus on those specific midfield and the attack target.

Next summer dependent on Mbappe's (hopefully we get him) play we play him in the middle and go after other targets or we make him stay outwide and sign Halaand.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If one team is able to accumulate both Mbappe and Haaland by 2022 then they’re laughing. I didn’t think we’d be able to land both in 2021 but the fact that his release clause is only able to be activated in 2022 then that helps us. Financially there’s no reason why we can’t add both to the team whilst also bringing in Camavinga and addressing other weaknesses in the squad.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #2362 Shay Z, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    We can if we just ignore the release clause and negotiate with Dortmund.

Tell them hey some club is gonna activate that clause and take him. We’re friends, here’s 75M and we’ll put in some add ons for 5M more if he wins both la liga and CL with us and you can have 5% of any sell on fee too.

All this is dreaming tho. With fans returning seeming like a long shot for this season, we will operate at a loss again. how can we invest 250M. I’d be happy with camavinga. At this point I don’t even know how the club is going to finance the Mbappe deal. Maybe they can agree with the Sheikh that we’ll defer payments by 6-12 months or something idk.

If this was Barcelona they would probably take a high interest loan from Qatar and pay PSG with it. Some fancy money laundering for the Qataris lol.

Nathanial Essex and Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In my honest opinion, the Mbappe deal is becoming a pipe-dream. So we'll all need to start lowering our transfer movement expectations and hope that we have enough in the tank to take us to the title (we're in a better position to do that compared to Barca, but not Atletico).

I also think a Camavinga deal is doable, and there is hope that between Vini, Rodrygo, Jovic and Hazard at least one of them really kicks-on to share the load of attacking responsibility with Benz. I don't think that that is too far fetched. By summer 2022, we'll know which attacking set-up will lead us for the next phase.

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Who is Camavinga going to replace? Isn’t he a midfielder?

I think Alaba is a must at this point.

15. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I always was Pro Mbappe. thought he must target number 1, but at this case Haaland is a must, just must. Also to add player like Alaba would be a huge win.

Nathanial Essex and Bear Crotch repped this.
  16. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We need Mbappe more than Haaland though. We need creativity going forward more than an in the box 9

17. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    With how awful Vinicius is at being the volume scoring winger and how timid Rodrygo is in front of goal, albeit very capable, why not change our play to actually accommodate a generational 9? I don't get how the team can be criticized for endlessly crossing nothing into the box and lack goals and think we need to drastically change our play get the most out of Haaland.

Plus, let's not forget how physically gifted the Big H is, it's not like he's RvN post knee surgery slow the guy is a tank going at full speed.

Frankly, I think we would do well to have both of them and let Vini and Rodrygo fight for their spot but I know that's not entirely financially possible. But, as others have pointed out, the toxic environment of PSG and the French league in general has stunted Mbappe's growth. I see Haaland's interviews and this guy is the real heir apparent to Ronaldo's mentality. It's a meme now, but his distractions seem to be kept to a minimum. I think coupled with the price, for me, the decision on how to proceed is very simple.

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Have you seen our midfield lately?

Deep Pal, madridista_hr and Anon. repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Halaand isn't a realistic option until 2022 and Dortmund would never sell earlier unless for a crazy amount. I'm lost to why people are discussing the need to get him as if we can next year.

We need solutions for right now. Like right ********ing now.

Saeta Rubia, Anon. and J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm beginning to believe some don't even watch matches. Just see lineups, results then watch highlights.

Camavinga should be the first purchase over Mbappe, Halaand, whomever.

We desperately need midfield reinforcements and I'm not too sure he wouldn't walk into this team and take someone position come August.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Idk if over Mbappe. While we desperately need to rejuvenate our midfield, our biggest problem is the lack of creativity going forward and poor play in the final third. Outside of Benz, every other attacking player has been poor.

I'd say Mbappe is priority number 1 with Camavinga second.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yes, but this is an 18 year old kid. I just can’t imagine a player with that little experience becoming a regular starter for us and even more so under Zidane.

23. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He speaks French so there is a possibility he will get regular play time.

libertao repped this.
  24. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    We can't just wait for Haaland. Some club will pay for him before 2022.
    Haaland and a decent right winger.

Deep Pal repped this.
  25. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Can't think Mbappe and Halland is feasible in one window, that too under the present circumstances.

4x4s repped this.