Day 160 of Quarantine: We've Settled for Keeping Bale - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What should be top priority for the club this summer?

1. Sign Camavinga

33.3%
  2. Sell Bale/James (and other deadweight)

40.9%
  3. Address backup RB

1.5%
  4. Save the funds for next summer, go after Mbappe

24.2%
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  2. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Bale's Replacement, and not in a Good Way. - The Eden Hazard Thread.

Deep Pal, MaxY and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mayoral overtakes Jovic

The club is working to find a loan for the Serbian while Zidane plans to include the Spanish striker in the squad against Real Sociedad.
    https://as.com/futbol/2020/09/17/primera/1600370604_763135.html?omnil=resrelart

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

At Levante he had 8 goals and 2 assists in 2146 minutes in La Liga last season. He will probably get only half that much if he's back up at RM. I don't rate Mayoral much and his scoring rate is not good except in youth CL. Even at Castilla, it's bad. But if ZZ wants to keep Mayoral over Jovic, there must be reason.

He must know why Jovic couldn't be productive last season and there's always rumbling about attitude and off the field issues.
    ABC are more reliable than AS and they also say he will be loaned out.

Anon. repped this.
  5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think Mayoral has what it takes to be a 2nd forward choice for us. I do think that he'll do better than Jovic but we need to figure out what to do with Jovic man, he's obviously talented but there's something wrong with him. Mayoral was also pretty close to joining Lazio but the deal must have fallen through because that was weeks ago.

For me, with the limited minutes that Benzema's replacement gets, Mariano is the guy. He brings energy and runs like crazy, he's way too chaotic but not a bad option.

Anon., PigBenis, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.
  6. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I'd rather have Mariano over Mayoral and Jovic over them both.

7. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Idk. If Jovic will get 500 mins like last season or something similar then he might as well be loaned. Otherwise his value willl plummet completely.

Not like you can expect much in those minutes, might as well throw Mariano and hope he scores 3-4.

If there's a good loan option and Zidane told him face to face then go for it.

8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco's contract ends in 2022 and he'll be 29.

The right move would be to sell him to City or whatever for 40-60M, buy Camavinga and leave him on loan at Rennes for a year.

But you know, Spanish and immune to criticism.

9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Zidane on Jovic going out on loan:

" I don't think Jovic is going, but a lot of things can happen until October 4th" (transfer window closing date)

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Those clubs have seen Isco play in last two years so there's no offer like that. He doesn't wanna leave and ZZ doesn't mind having him as the 6th midfield option.

Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  11. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I don't mind Isco staying at all. Solid option coming from the bench or starting some matches as well. Seeing the criticism some times here makes me think we really do take some players for granted just because we have had them for a long time. Like find me a better option that likes playing here, will accept the role the coach gives him and doesn't cause any problems in the team.

meringues, Anon., PigBenis and 4 others repped this.
  12. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But what does Isco do exactly?
    I don't see where he adds value when he is playing!

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's a good third option in multiple positions across the field. I like him in that role.

PigBenis, Deep Pal and petros93 repped this.
  14. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    He does help when we try to control the game with possession. As long as he accepts his rotation role and stays relatively fit. I have no problem with him.

Whay I am more concerned is our lightweight attack up front. I don't see us getting out of the round of 16 in next seasons's champions league.

BTW, Mariano } Mayoral.

meringues and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Basically a "don't give a f** about the guy". :D

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ZZ might rotate but the reality is, there isn't any "competing" with Benz at the moment, when the coach says being the 9 isn't just about scoring goals, well then as a player and a 9 you know they are other factors (how you play and fit in the team) in terms of competing for the spot,

In the end ZZ likes what Benz does, he's made no qualms about it, whether he's scoring or not, so Mayoral may be a better fit, less mins, no complaining, whereas Jovic might want more of a chance to prove himself after last season, no facts, just what i think i could be completely wrong,

I do remember reading somewhere though that ZZ asked for Jovic, if that was true, maybe he should find a way to set up the team to try to get the most out of him when he plays, he's never going to play like Benz

J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Los Merengues and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1307360050294521857 is not a valid tweet id

Reguilon announcement video.

at the end of the video, he says “Hello Friend, I think it is your turn”

He must be talking about Bale

Lyra repped this.
  19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I hope we keep Jovic

While I know he won't play, but if Benz gets injured we are super thin at scoring already

20. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    i prefer Reguilon on what we have now.

21. Los Merengues

Los Merengues Member

Dec 7, 2004
    California
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happens between Mariano, Mayoral, and Jovic is all that’s left to conclude with our business in this window. At minimum, one of these 3 needs to leave (possibly 2).

I’m disappointed with the Mayoral staying rumors as he would appear to be the easiest move to get done - quick and clean 15/20ME. Plus he has never convinced me like others mentioned. Mariano looks to be a continued headache because of his salary and reluctance to leave.

Anon. repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  23. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    £20m for a season loan is crazy money to pay. I am very interested to see how this works out for him.

24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I wouldn’t send Jovic on loan unless I knew I wouldn’t play him anymore mins than last season. This would indicate that the player is useless to us so we might as well send him on loan and raise his value and sell him next summer. If Benzema gets injured we are screwed. Wtf are we doing.

meringues, Anon., pramod and 1 other person repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's including his gross wages which is 30 ME. So we are paying around 7.5 ME to cover his wages.