Day 160 of Quarantine: We've Settled for Keeping Bale - The Summer Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Zidane05, Jul 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What should be top priority for the club this summer?

1. Sign Camavinga

33.3%
  2. Sell Bale/James (and other deadweight)

40.9%
  3. Address backup RB

1.5%
  4. Save the funds for next summer, go after Mbappe

24.2%
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Everything is about him with Mou. [emoji23]

libertao repped this.
  2. rhexis07

rhexis07 Member+

Jan 24, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Are we seriously not getting anyone this transfer window? Surely at least 1 new midfielder is needed?

3. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I think Odegaard is enough. Surely would be nice to have a Casemiro replacement but who's really an option?

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

1306229765217693696 is not a valid tweet id

1306225888825151489 is not a valid tweet id

temesgen, -Reivax-, Doni and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not really fussed about the % of wages, the important thing is to remove the Bale distraction from the team.

Love the Reguilon deal as we haven't severed ties with the player, a lot can change in two years. I personally think United was a better fit for the player from a sporting perspective but apparently Man U wouldn't allow buyback clause.

Doesn't look like we are signing anyone to cover for Casemiro, I'm beginning to think Valverde will be that guy when needed.

Saeta Rubia, Kroosinator and ImadEdd repped this.
  6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    It's a lot of money this man is making. I'd try to get as much out of Tottenham as possible, especially since it seems both Tottenham and Bale are desperate.

But in reality so are we. There is no reason this deal should not get done. 50% is a decent deal for us as long as it's permanent, anything above that is cherry on top.

temesgen, Anon., Doni and 1 other person repped this.
  7. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As good as we could have hoped honestly.

8. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    its doesn't in what way it will be done, we are going to get royally fu(ked with Bale.
    even getting rid of him will be expensive for us, probably less than keeping him around, but still super expensive - so its just a matter of whether Zidane thinks that he is a bad influence to the team (I personally don't think so), or he rather have a super expensive bench player that can impact a game but seems to have no real desire to play for this team.
    fu(ked up situation.

9. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    1306265471176650752 is not a valid tweet id

Digital, Anon. and RMrules repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Gareth Bale's agent has told Sky Sports News the forward is as close as he has ever been to leaving Real Madrid since his then world-record transfer in 2013, with Tottenham edging closer to reaching an agreement.

"There's a long way to go on some issues, but without doubt Gareth is closer to leaving Madrid than at any time in last seven years," Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, told Sky Sports News.

"The deal is complicated, but there's reason to believe a deal is close and things could move very quickly if discussions continue to go well."

RMrules, MiamiNative0722 and Zidane05 repped this.
  11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    That Reguilon deal is fantastic business. Damn. Levy was a tough negotiator, what happened.

The bale thing is gonna get done I’m sure. Here’s a question, if it’s a loan deal we retain the players rights/registration does that mean we get our share of his marketing revenue right? It makes sense that we would. If so then a loan deal for two years is not so bad even if we pay 50% of the wages because that can be mitigated, if only to a small degree by the marketing revenue which is bound to jump up in the EPL. If that’s not how it works i would push either Bale to take a pay cut of 25% of push Levy to pay 75% of the wages to get the deal done. If the player was in any way interested in football he wouldn’t hesitate to take a 20-25% pay cut to get to a club he likes and play but he won’t.

Just try to get as much of the wages off our books as we can . This fcuking player needs to disappear from our lives.

Lyra, Chinky24, Digital and 5 others repped this.
  12. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Apparently, Spurs will pay wages in full. Real Madrid will cover bonuses.

EDIT: Can't find where I read this earlier now

13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think we will keep the image rights % if it's a loan deal especially with RM covering his wages. His endorsement earnings is 5.5 M (was 11 M when we renewed his contract in 2016) according to Forbes and we probably have 40%(It was 40% for RM, 40% for the player and 20% for Gestifute with Ronaldo). I don't think Bale will take 25% wagecut. He knows club is desperate to get rid of him and will cover the rest of the salary Spurs won't pay. We still save around 15 ME in gross wages if Spurs pay 50%.

JFD on Marca said that. But no one else reporting it.

Shay Z repped this.
  14. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think it's the Mourinho factor. With Danny Rose and Vertonghen gone Levy has to cough something up otherwise bringing in Mourinho is a waste of time. It's a problem position for them along with a more dyanmic midfield and a backup for the Harry Kane.

I think that fee would be appropriate for a LB regardless of COVID anyway.

Doni, Zidane05 and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    #1340 temesgen, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Addressing Bale this season makes whatever business we intend to do next summer so much easier

Edit:

and the JM Wales NT fan's back and forth will be one for the ages

Digital, MiamiNative0722, Shay Z and 3 others repped this.
  16. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Love the Reguilon deal.

We get that 30m of cash injection and can sign him back, if he wants of course, for just 10m more than that.

Of course, in two years’ time, Marcelo is off the books and overall finances will have hopefully improved.

If we are expected to spend hundreds of millions on Mbappe and Camavinga next summer, signing back Reguilon at a likely market discount the following summer(2022) will be great business.

Ahmadi8, MiamiNative0722 and ImadEdd repped this.
  17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Oh it’s definitely all about next summer, that part has become obvious with the moves the club is making, with our own players regrading contracts and in the market.

18. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Offloading his wages, given our salary structure, will open up a lot of options for us next year, particularly if we need to give sizeable wages to someone like Mbappe.

19. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Regarding Bale...

Just GTFO.

I don’t care how bad the deal is as long as we free up his wages for the next two seasons.

34m in wages off the books for the next 24 months would be gravy.

Chinky24 repped this.
  20. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Martin Odegaard
    Alvaro Odriozola
    Andriy Lunin

Eden Hazard
    Marco Asensio
    Luka Jovic

Transfer cost: €0.00

21. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    It’s usually 50/50 when snakes like Mendes aren’t involved. Lol. but even if it’s 40% and the Forbes numbers are accurate and in the EPL his endorsement earning go back to being 10Mish then the 15M gross we are paying could go down to 11M. Slightly more palatable and frees up more wages for next summer. I’m sure it’s no as simplistic as that in economic terms but I’m just speaking generally.

22. pramod

pramod Member

Realmadrid
    Sep 4, 2006
    Hyderabad @ India
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    hope hazard and Jovic second season is a complete turnaround

Digital repped this.
  23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We’re trying to get 100% of Bale’s salary off the books.

Don Florentino! :cool:

Lyra, RMrules, saadomar and 2 others repped this.
  24. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It will be 50% on us.
    Perez sucks at selling players.

25. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    impossible to get 100 off.. hope Flo will do max 30.