Davis out for a month

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by metropolis2k, Nov 3, 2004.

1. LedleybetterthanSol

Jun 16, 2004
    Gold Coast/Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sean Davis is a good player but he is made of glass. How can someone be injured so easily?

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It is the same injury, not a new one. He did not look right when he came back against Bolton in the cup and the Fulham game, better he has this minor operation to correct it now.

Carrick and Mendes in the middle then, seeing as we have two home games hopefully the team can control the midfield possession in both of them.

3. Malkamus

Malkamus New Member

Jan 24, 2002
    sucks we will be without his services

4. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    Yeah, at least his injury is from playing hard on the pitch and being the defensive midfielder we needed.

Wonder if the medical staff brought him back too early because of our poor play?? That would be a shame as now we have lost him for 2 months or so.

5. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    I bet he goes with Redknapp in the midfield against Charlton

6. Rmort99

Rmort99 New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Yeah, unfortunately i reckon it'll be the ultra-dull combination of Redknapp and Mendes. Would much prefer to see Carrick get a game though.

I just can't see why Santini refuses to adopt Newcastle (currently very successful) tactics of playing his best 3 forwards, albeit with one slightly out of position. Defoe and Kanoute should start up front with Keane starting on the left wing but with license to roam.

7. metropolis2k

metropolis2k New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    England
    Unfortunately I have a feeling he will too :(

I'd like to see a midfield with Carrick and Davis in the middle, Mendes on the right (he had a few runs down the right against Fulham and I thought he looked very quick, skillfull and capable) and maybe even Robbie Keane on the left (but I think that would leave it defensively vulnerable - even with Edman back).

EDIT: Rmort99 - I didn't see your post when I posted mine - great minds think alike eh? ;)