Davinson Sánchez News & Comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by el escorpion, Jun 21, 2016.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    For the most part you need to be at least Average height. 5'8-5'10. If you are a CB or GK you need to be at least 6 feet tall. You don't want to chipped or lose in the air. Are there exceptions. Of Course. Cordoba was 5'8 and could our jump everyone, Falcao at 5'10 isn't a super tall dude but has crazy ups.

In youth teams especially is size important thats why people cry about African teams using over aged players. In the Olympic squad or even U20 no longer an issue but at U17 level huge advantage. Remember how awesome Cristian Nazarit seemed? Speed and height do play a huge part in the european game thats why I don't think places like Germany or England are great places for us. Italians for the most part aren't super tall or super fast so these attributes don't really matter there. Thats why EPL teams light them up. Argie league & Mexican leagues as well doesn't matter much because they aren't crazy fast/tall either. EPL is just a bunch of tall fast dude that lob and run.

What we need is to find some tall, fast, white colombians that we can say are "italian, german or spanish" and get them sold to europe easily & quickly by saying their grandparents are from their like the Argies always manage to do.

2. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    LOL...Now I've heard it all (gets popcorn)

pepinointer repped this.
  3. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    great story crz.

4. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    yeah..let's get those white Colombians. I think ima little offended

Azucarero repped this.
  5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    so many under 6 foot CBs or GKs in europe? Our issue is most our dudes are black and don't get the BS non EU slot. Some how all the argies get that shit.
    Haha I am not white just saying Brazil and Argentina magically are all Eu players some how. We need to either get that agent that find them bullshit passports or start finding white Colombians and using the same lie they have.

6. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Both Argentina and Brazil have swarms of pre/post colonial European ancestors with recent lineage, many only a generation or two apart. I get your frustration as Bra/Arg/Uru get far more opportunities than the other latin american nations. You also have to consider that many of these nations had DECADES of a head start in building their professional football 'workforce'. Colombia is a nation relatively young in organization (Prof League founded in 1948) --(Our 1st qualifier was 1958 -- 28 years after the first WC champ!)
    But the way I see it, talent will always rise to the top and the game has become so global (financially speaking), that some of these rules (like work visas for professional players) will eventually get easier to access. As for the rest of us schlubs, well we're not part of that .1% of gifted athletes, so we'll have to find other ways to make gold :)

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I want to see Sanchez on Pekerman's list for September.

Azucarero and Cruzifero repped this.
  8. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Considering Zapata and Mina absence he should be with the two Murillos. Would also like to see Blackmouth to cover Arias.

pepinointer and Azucarero repped this.
  9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Haha spell check

10. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    It appears Sanchez has won the starting CB spot. Another 90 minutes in Ajax's 1-2 loss today.

Casierra subbed in towards the end.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Snt quality yet?

12. jay luis

jay luis Member+

Sep 14, 2013
    Corona, Nyc
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he ain't white enough for you

13. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    LMAO

If Aguilar was able to make the Centenario roster, Sanchez is surely an option.

With Zapata, Mina, and Aguilar injured, Pekerman's left with Jeison, Oscar, and Tesillo, I guess. Next in line would be Balanta (playing a lot better) and Sanchez. One of those two will probably get called up

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I feel more comfortable with him and Oscar Murillo pairing up in September than I would with Jeison and Oscar.
    Only cause he has played regularly at RCB for Nacional in meaningful games. Jeison looked pretty bad at that spot against Bolivia.

Azucarero repped this.
  15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I feel like Sanchez compliments his style better, too. The Murillos are pretty similar in that they both leave the defensive line often to steal possession. Having two guys like that might leave holes. Davinson is more disciplined in his positioning, much like Zapata.

Thinking back to Aguilar in Copa America, or even Medina a couple years back, I'm not sure Pekerman will risk debuting Sanchez in such crucial matches...

16. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Depends on how much he plays at Ajax.

17. ColombiaPAPA!

ColombiaPAPA! Member

Nov 11, 2013
    ANAHEIM, CA
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    On the bench right now for CL Qualifier.
    The team is in need of a better CB obviously and the coach probably thought he wouldn't be ready.. I think he would be shining out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I may just die if I see Aguilar called up to the senior squad

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He deserves another shot , he showed potential in u-23 as he showed un copa América . Yeah he played terrible against Costa Rica. But The doors arent close

20. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I follow Nacional very closely and I don't think he's bad. But it's beyond me how he's been called to the Senior squad. I can see why he was called to the youth teams but his mistakes are a nightmare and the game against Costa Rica showed he's not ready for the big time.

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The whole team played like shit but Zapata let every shot at goal in

pepinointer repped this.
  22. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Like Medina a couple years back, Aguilar just was not ready. I like him. He's still got a lot of aspects of his game to improve on and hopefully he will. Kid's got a nasty slide tackle.

Davinson is very mature for his age.

pepinointer repped this.
  23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    775329545436196865 is not a valid tweet id

pepinointer and crzdcolombian repped this.
  24. GavoCol

GavoCol Member

May 12, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Doblete de Davinson!, le esta dando la victoria al Aax 2-1

El segundo gol
    779749636592590848 is not a valid tweet id

Doogs and Baal88 repped this.
  25. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    jaja, que crack, salvandole el partido al Ajax.