Davies post match interview

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by aarond23, Mar 19, 2011.

1. aarond23

aarond23 Member+

Feb 24, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Pinowski AP

Pinowski AP Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This story is unreal. For him to score a brace on his debut, in DC of all places, is shocking. Like Charlie alluded to, you couldn't write something like this.

The first goal was a penalty...well taken, but nothing special. His second goal was phenomenal and in the mold of a classic Charlie Davies goal. It was breathtaking; the boy is back, we have our striker again.

Charlie in the Gold Cup isn't seeming that unlikely...In fact, I'd bet on it.

3. giffenbone

giffenbone Member

Jan 22, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I get teary eyed every time I watch it.

4. BlitzSpiele

BlitzSpiele Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Chad Marshall was as clumsy and awkward as Davies was fluid and flashy. It's great that Davies got a brace, but I want see Davies do this against a balanced defender (Omar Gonzalez, Tim Ream, Rafa Marquez) before I start having goalgasms.

5. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    I was there in person and saw the play unfold. It seemed CD was going towards the ball and just ran around Marshall waiting for the ball to bounce over. From my angle in the Barra Brava section, it looked like he pushed Chad, causing him to slip. I went back home and saw that Marshall misjudged the ball and when he tried to reverse gears he slipped. The rest is history.

Nonetheless, it was a great start and way to get his confidence back. It was said by more than one person at the game that you could tell by body language that a switch went on after he took the PK. I texted a fellow BigSoccer member that I couldn't tell but CD9 was crying.

You wish will be granted soon enough. ;-)

6. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew he be back!! He is AMerican, nobody can brung us down... You really think he can be at gold cup this year?? That would be sick!!