Davids...Roma bound?

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Forza_Juventus, Aug 12, 2003.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    who in their right mind would want to play for roma?!?

2. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    come on he wont go to roma for sure

probably he will be bought by real madrid next summer as it happens with all the best players around..

hell that team is potentially too strong....when they loose it's a surprise..when they win its a normal consequence...

players like zidane and ronaldo said they wanted to go there because they wanted to win something and have fun, but hell thats too easy, where's the challenge ...its better if they joined them for money

3. juventusfan10

juventusfan10 New Member

May 20, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    do you guys think roma is letting this out right a tht beginning of the season to cause a distraction for the juve players? its kind of annoying. Dont moggi and sensi have a bad relationship? moggi will probably do what he can to prevent davids to go there. anyway, i think its a bad time to start rumors like this.

4. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he was going to Chelsea along with everyone else in europe.;-)

5. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    AS Roma president Franco Sensi, in an exclusive interview with the Corriere dello Sport, has revealed that Juventus' Edgar Davids is keen to join the club.

"Davids made us know that he would love to play for us," he said. "He likes the city, and comes here whenever he can. He has 30 years of age and can play three more seasons at a high level. If he really frees up at the end of this season, we will take into consideration the possibility of signing him. But the times are still not mature."

Sensi yesterday tied up the loan deal for Cristian Chivu of Ajax.

"A great signing," the president continued. "A fantastic player, and a young man who has an exceptional character. In this saga he never shook, and always insisted that he wanted to stay with Roma, even because we treated him extremely well. When it appeared necessary to reinforce our defence, it seemed right to aim for one of the best players around. Now that it is all resolved, I am very happy, but I passed very tense days. Chivu is ours now, and that's it. I heard many lies on this story. It was only a question of finding the right paying formula with Ajax. We did it sending them immediately 1.5 million Euros."

And of Chelsea's interest in Emerson: "Abramovich offered me 40 million Euros for him, but I said no. The player was slightly uneasy over the situation. I told him I would never send him away and he relaxed. I also told him we would extend his contract soon."

Of new signing Carew, Sensi said: "We have a great team now. Carew is a great striker, that we signed at very favourable conditions. I am sure he won't have problems meeting the expectations."

There has also been speculation that Sensi could sell the club in the near future.

"I will decide when this will happen," he added. "Roma is mine, and it is worth a lot. Not less than 400 million Euros. I am fixing the books now, and when the times will be mature, I will sell it. But I will stay at least another year., because this year's team is very strong, and I want to take some other satisfaction off my back. Some big bank has already tried to get a big share of the club, but I said no. I am continuing alone, without alliances, maybe this is why I bother a lot of people."

6. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003

that would be great!

7. GoldStarMicrowaves

GoldStarMicrowaves New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    ShinDangDong
    IMHO Davids will join Madrid. Real is basically trying to upkeep their reputation as the galacticos by recently acquiring Beckham. Now they know Makelele is good but he's no megastar. Thus they might be making room for Davids. Reason they probably didn't get a defender this season after the departure of Hierro is probably they want the same megastar to fill in his boots. Basically everyone in their starting 11 are in allstar games except central defenders. But I have no idea who they'd want to get.

8. ruudboy

ruudboy New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    Sunnyvale
    juventuz.com

Rijkarrd and Barcelona have launched a bid for Davids.

9. GoldStarMicrowaves

GoldStarMicrowaves New Member

Sep 1, 2003
    ShinDangDong
    What will happen to Xavi??

10. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    nothing, the spanish transfer deadline has passed and will be reopened until december 15th, that report is from aug 28th.

11. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Icey

Icey New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Pittsburgh, USA
    yeah i read that earlier today :(

bye bye Edgar !

i dont think he will give 100% this season now that he knows he leaving

13. Juve all the way

Juve all the way New Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Sad we are losing our workhorse

He’ll be very hard to replace

14. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I think Juve will be fine without Davids. Everybody thought the sky was falling when they sold Zidane, and the result has been two straight championships.

15. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    very well said Sussana! cheers us up! :)

16. juventusfan10

juventusfan10 New Member

May 20, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Juventus FC

i think he will always give 100% and he has too loyalty and honor to not give it. Hes that type of player.

17. Football Ronin

May 13, 2002
    Oregon, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he is that type of player, but it sounds like the team might not let him (see link). Doesn't make much sense to have a player, know that he is leaving at the end of the year and not use him. Particularly a player of Edgar's caliber. Oh well I guess that is why I'm not a big time manager.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep7i.html

18. juventusfan10

juventusfan10 New Member

May 20, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    theyre just "punishing him" but soon theyll realize that he is an important link to the team, and he start getting lots of minutes.

19. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    agreed

20. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ahem.....Appiah??

21. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    agreed again! :D

22. juventusfan10

juventusfan10 New Member

May 20, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Juventus FC

dude, dont you think he would be a hundred times better if he played along side davids and had him as a mentor? learn from the best right? anyway, juve officials talked to davids agent and apparently he would stay and end his career with juve for 2.5m a season for 3 seasons...... thats a little steep for a 30 yr old veteran, yes experience is nice, but is supposed to be that expensive?

23. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    well, in article that I read in my local paper, Juventus was the only team that had no red numbers in Serie A, I guess being the only one with superavit they're able to afford that kind of wages.

24. juventusfan10

juventusfan10 New Member

May 20, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    still, money isnt something to just be thrown around.

25. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Ahead of the Czech Republic's Euro 2004 qualifier with Holland tonight, Juventus playmaker Pavel Nedved says he believes team-mate Edgar Davids wants to stay with the Bianconeri.

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/q0442.html