Dave van den Bergh appreciation thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Toad_of_Toad_Hall, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not just last night. Look back over the entire season; where the &@%*# would we be without him?

I submit that JPA is our most gifted player, but VDB is our most vital player. Well done Dave, hope to see you wearing our shirt for several seasons to come.

2. Mentz

Mentz New Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Avenel, NJ
    Agreed. To you Dave! Cheers!

3. lkgf09

lkgf09 Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Defintely the team MVP this year. As soon as he got hurt, we started losing.

4. RedBullFan17

RedBullFan17 Member

May 6, 2008
    NY
    DVB is a great player, my favorite bull for sure.

5. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Last year for some reason David wasn't producing at the peace of this yer, but this year he has been the cause of the majority of the triumph of the RB, ..My salute to David....Keep it little longer....

6. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    I have talked to him many times in the locker room, great guy. You know at the start of the season there were rumors started that he was going to be the odd man out. Even the head of MetroFanatic was trying to find ways to continue those rumors that he was out the door. I knew that this club needed VDB & he has proved it match in & match out. Honestly if VDB didn't have his sports hernia problem, the last two matches at home were wins.

I have been supporting VDB for the whole season and I am happy he is back and he never lost a step with his fitness. Seven goals this season is a great season for him.

7. zensum

zensum Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    The Bronx, NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Had to get in on this one...100% Agreed!

I liked seeing him on the right side a little in Salt Lake but unfortunately we couldn't get him the ball when he was on that side.

I ran into him outside the Red Bulls' box on the second level of the Meadowlands a couple of games ago and encouraged him to return from his injury as quickly as possible.

What I wanted to say but didn't was... Look for your shot!

Any game where DVB doesn't take at least three shots on goal is a game where the Bulls haven't had the good fortune of utilizing his full skill set. He has to drift into the middle more to clear his shot.

Really one of the top guys on the team and in the league.

The Red Bulls should lock him up this off season for the rest of his career.

8. skijerze

skijerze New Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Wallington
    He is my husband's favorite. He calls him "vander" (wonder) boy. hahaha. I think it's cute.

9. NebraskaAddick

Aug 26, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like that he's composed enough not to send all his shots up into the 12th row, like many other MLS players do.

10. eightyhoursaway

Jun 5, 2008
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    he's definitely a gem for our team. the way i see things, i think he likes it here and wants to stay.

11. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    it amazes me every game how our bread and butter is usually to have dvb take it down the left flank and provide service and that competition never accomodates to it. whenever dvb is out you can clearly see no direction and no go-to tactics. without dvb i would imagine jpa would've requested a trade months ago... ok maybe not that severe, but jpa's angry face at RSL on thursday would've surfaced much earlier

12. soccerwow

soccerwow Member

Jul 29, 2005
    NEPA
    love the "Berg", hope he does want to stay!

13. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back in Jan 07, when I heard about the trade from Wizards, I was very happy. He's been one of my favs ever since. I really think we should mix it up with both him and Rojas trading places throughout a game. Hope he sticks around for the RBA.

14. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Didnt think much of him at the beginning of the season due to his salary and not so stand out performances in the past, but after this season he has won me over, worth every penny. Sometimes he is the only player who is hustling and working his behind off. If only we had 11 DvdBs...

15. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We call him the walking Dutchman. As a winger, he doesn't really have much pace. But with his ability to cross the ball accurately, even under pressure, he doesn't really need pace. He's also my vote for player of the year on the team.

16. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry folks. we'll get rid of him. For pennies on the dollar. I don't know how, but it will happen.

It always happens

(so yeah, I like him alot too - if for nothing else than for constantly pissing off Mr. Posh Spice.)

17. Toad_of_Toad_Hall

Toad_of_Toad_Hall New Member

Apr 17, 2006
    A state of confusion
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Time to bring this one back to the top :)

Great game, Dave.

18. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

We love van den Bergh, we do
    We love van den Bergh, we do
    We love van den Bergh, we do, oh
    Van den Bergh, we love you

19. Hungry Dave

Hungry Dave Member

Apr 8, 2008
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a brilliant season he's had. I admit I was a doubter a while ago but he has absolutely changed my mind.

20. nmigliore

nmigliore New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    NJ
    Great game for Vandy tonight.. he was a non-factor vs Houston but scoring tonight was obviously HUGE.

BELIEVE.

21. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    We all want a team of van den Berghs!!
    a team of van den Berghs!!
    a team of van den Berghs!!

22. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Who else in this league just keeps running to the goal? I think it's only Dave van den Berg.

There's only one Dave van den Berg!

23. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dave's run after passing to Wolyniec should be in every future soccer training video. It's how the game should be played.

24. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1 With grit and detirmination

25. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    All I can say is this. He loves scoring goals at Rio Tinto Stadium.