Dates have been scheduled for Confederations Cup

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by GIO17, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    No ofeense guys, but I'm tired of worrying about our tournament draws. I want to go out and win. Just quit worrying andgo out and stomp on the other team on the field. That will take care of everything. I want fans on BigEuropeanFootball.com to sit around worrying about drawing the United States. I"m just sick of worrying about our draws.

2. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sounds good to me. And, yes, we want to advance, because, in addition to normal competitive reasons, that will mean two more games against top teams.
    The good news from a development and a fan's perspective is that Arena has said he'd like to play a friendly per month leading up to the Confederations Cup (see bottom of article below):

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A37804-2002Oct29.html

3. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    Nice. That article lists Argentina and Costa Rica as possible opponents, too.

I can't wait to see Arena take on Sampson.

4. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Well, me worry??...it's just, well, interesting.

Meanwhile, at this level, few teams can "stomp" on other teams -- unless you're talking about the USA playing Mexico.

5. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would rather play Brazil 100 times. Who cares if we lose these meaningless games, I just think that it could help our young players to play the best in the world.

6. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    It is a pleasure to read this thread. Nutmeg, Atouk, Karl and others are always worth reading.