Dash general news

Discussion in 'Houston Dash' started by SiberianThunderT, Jan 28, 2014.

1. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    I think they are all staying too. Dash has already re-signed Henderson. The only player I'm not sure of is Souza.

2. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I agree about Ella...she does a lot of positive things and is at the stage of her career where she doesnt needs starter minutes to contribute.

3. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Why?

4. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    She hasn't convinced me with her play.

5. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, from my understanding, that's why she left Chicago, because she was no longer a starter and un-sure of her playing time. Thus from what I understood, Chicago released her due to her request.

So if she becomes a bench warmer with 15-20 minutes playing time per game, she might as well stayed in Chicago, near her home.

6. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I think there was one other reason she wanted to leave... to keep doing the Ella & Erin show! ;)

7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Yep, she said all that but if she isnt an impact player on the last place team she maybe has to reassess things. Ohai has talked about how much Masar helped the young forwards this season even tho they were competing for the same time.

8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Sorry...this theory has been dis-proven in the past. In Chicago it was originally the Ella & Carm show which did nothing to stop Moscato from getting shipped to Boston and the understudy being brought in from the wings. :)

9. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Maybe Erin didn't have an understudy? Leon and Quon were the only other Canadians left and they didn't seem have the on screen presence required for the show (and she didn't know LeBlanc yet).

10. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I would have liked to have seen her used more especially near the end. If they arent going to use her I doubt she sticks around long...she does have an engineering degree to fall back on.

11. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
  12. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steven Goff
    @SoccerInsider
    41m

Houston Dash says a player tests positive for covid-19. Asymptomatic. All others subsequently test negative. "Out of an abundance of caution, team and staff members were instructed to self-isolate and the team immediately implemented contact tracing." Training postponed. #nwsl

14. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Dynamo & Dash rebrand:

I feel like the Dash was done dirty with the men's team getting both initials in the logo while the Dash only get the "H"... Though I guess the Dash get to keep the light blue and the Dynamo don't.

All in all, the Dynamo's new logo looks like a baseball logo; it's kinda bland without the second color, and I kinda expect at least one MLB team to raise issue with it. The Dash's new logo is fairly good on its own, but I still like the old one better.

=edit=
    Looking at the replies to this tweet:

it seems like the Dash logo is being accepted, while the Dynamo logo is being trashed. X'-D

lil_one and blissett repped this.
  15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    National Women's Soccer League
    @NWSL
    6h
    National Women’s Soccer League announced today that its independent investigator has completed the investigation into an incident that occurred on April 9, 2021 in Houston.

"Based on the findings of the independent investigator, no disciplinary action will be taken against the club."

16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Equalizer
    Houston Dash coach and general manager James Clarkson has been suspended, per "pending the conclusion of an investigation into alleged violations of the NWSL Policy to Prevent and Eliminate Workplace Discrimination, Harassment, and Bullying."
    An interim coach will be named in the "coming days."

18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Equalizer
    The Houston Dash have hired Juan Carlos Amorós as interim head coach. He will join the team in late July, and Sarah Lowdown will remain acting head coach until his arrival.

19. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    I think Sanchez is a top notch player and has contributed much to the Dash's success.

21. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. fire123

fire123 Member+

Jul 31, 2009
    Daly is a warrior. Thank you for holding up the team all these years.

23. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Houston Dash have announced that they will not renew James Clarkson's head coaching contract after details of "emotional misconduct" were found in the NWSL-NWSLPA Joint Investigation.
    [​IMG]: https://bit.ly/3Wn9Tsl

24. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Equalizer
    Sam Laity has officially been named the Houston Dash head coach.
    Dash GM Alex Singer speaks exclusively to EQZ about hiring the 10-year Reign assistant, and why hiring a head of scouting will transform the club long-term.
    [​IMG]: https://bit.ly/3hJ7dq5

25. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Klingo3034 repped this.