Dash 2015

Discussion in 'Houston Dash' started by MRAD12, Dec 28, 2014.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    She is probably as good as any other unprotected forward. While that's not a ringing endorsement, McCarty has improved since the Dash got her owed mostly to her winters in Japan.

2. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If Im the Dash Im talking to Boston about Meghan Klingenberg. Her stock has never been higher and she was originally allocated to Boston. As Boston seems to only have one US allocated player they wouldnt have to expose her in the expansion draft. In a perfect world Id like to get Julie King and the #1 draft pick so I may have to sweeten the deal but King adds bite to the defense and I could have my choice of Rocarro or Sonnett as defenders who could play DM or CB.

ricardo17 repped this.
  3. ricardo17

ricardo17 Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Really like that for Dash, they get the 1st pick (depending on the Orlando Situation) and will likely pick Roccaro in that case. As for Kling's loss they still would have Chapman and Ochs on the LB spot.

4. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    If they can keep Kling I wouldnt mind seeing her get some time in the midfield next season.

5. ricardo17

ricardo17 Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Or even on the flank (if they keep the 4-3-3)

6. ricardo17

ricardo17 Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Didn't see this coming but Dash forward Melissa Henderson retires from pro soccer.

7. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Will be interesting if they keep the same expansion draft rules. Assuming Barney is no longer on the allocation list, that leaves FCKC chosing between Brunn, ARod, and HAO. So we would guess means ARod or HAO are available. If Spirit put up Harris, she's gone. I don't see anyone else on Spirit being worth skipping your starting GK who happens to be from the state. So they can select one other US allocated player. Do you select Kling vs ARod/HAO. While I think Arod or HAO might be the bigger catch, my fear is that since FCKC has such a deep bench, they might be willing to skip selecting their allocated player from them in order to pick up two others depending on what their unprotected list looks like. Once you draft a US allocated player, you can't select anyone else from that team.

8. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    jjj
    If Im the Spirit I leave Krieger unprotected.. She is 31, a DC local and could easily retire after the Olympics. That makes her much less attractive to Orlando. If ur Orlando and want a defender do u go Krieger or Klingenberg who is five years younger? As to KC, hard to believe they wont lose an NT player. They left Barnhart unprotected last time and likely will again whether she is allocated or not. My guess is they protect Brunn and A-Rod. As to Harris, maybe she wants Florida and that changes everything. She gave them three quality years and by letting them take her at least they cant lose anyone else.

9. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    My new Dash protected list
    GK Erin McLeod
    M Morgan Brian
    D Allysha Chapman
    M Carli Lloyd
    GK Bianca Henninger
    F Kealia Ohai
    F Jessica McDonald
    D Elle Brush
    M Andressa
    M Rachael Axon

10. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    I think leaving Krieger unprotected is the smarter move but so many seem to think because she's local and popular with fans that it will never happen. Granted I think that is coming from a lot of people who worship her and think she's who you go with over Kling as they refuse to believe she might consider retiring in a year or two. They're also probably losing site of the fact that Harris was unprotected last time because Mcleod's trade was like the worst kept secret within the league when the lists were released.

But then on other side of this is that if Orlando knows how much Spirit want to keep Krieger, they could pick her and force Spirit to deal something to get her back. Which may mean loosing more than just Harris.

11. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This is essentially what happened with Houston and Meleana Shim....

12. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Well certainly the new coach, whoever that may be, will have to weigh in. Wys isnt a bad backup tho certainly not on the level of Harris. There is also Addy Franch assuming she has returned to the form of 2013 floating unattached. On the Houston side, they would relish Krieger being taken by Orlando. Surely no team is going to select two fullbacks as their allocated players.

13. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I see Ellie Brush made the most recent Matildas camp roster. Congratz.

14. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    i thought the matildas' strike was still going on.

did they get what they went on strike for?

15. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  16. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Orlando could take Klingenberg and then work out a deal to send her to Washington along with one or two other players/draft picks to get Krieger. But that's just wild speculation right now.

I doubt we see Franch back in NWSL anytime soon. Her club in Norway is closing in on a CL spot for next year, so that's a pretty big incentive to stick around there.

17. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Why do u think Kling and Krieger arent an even swap? Klingenberg's popularity is way up after WC, Kling is younger and more versatile. Sure Krieger is local hero in Washington but that a reason not to trade her not a reason Orlando will over pay for her.

I would think the job Franch wants is Barnharts so maybe she will remain in Europe til KC come calling, assuming she is happy there.

18. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Pretty sad to see that Ella Masar just announced her retirement (even if she hinted at it early on). Wonder if this had anything to do with the waives. Which we haven't been given any list of players that were waived like last year....

19. ricardo17

ricardo17 Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Houston should sign Allie Bailey, especially with their lack of depth up top.

20. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Agree...Henderson retiring helps Bailey

21. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Maybe they should look at Jackie Acevedo, previously of the Houston Aces and one-time Mexican allocation (to Portland, who never used her).

22. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    On the Hey, it's been a tough couple of weeks, Ohai not only gets her usual NT snub but her two room mates Henderson and Jackson, r no longer with the team.

23. ricardo17

ricardo17 Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Just to make it more fun (talking about the Morgan deal)...Houston should try to deal Kling to Boston.

24. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Why? What does Boston have that Houston wants?