Dasan Robinson (70th overall pick)

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Liviu, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Liviu

Liviu New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    This thread is for links to articles on Dasan Robinson, reports from those who've seen him play, opinions of if/how he can contribute to the Fire, etc... Anything on Robinson - post it here.

[​IMG]
    daytonflyers.collegesports.com

[​IMG]
    newhampshire.com (Robinson is wearing the Fire jersey)

Fire find five in Supplemental Draft - chicago-fire.com

Dayton Profile - daytonflyers.collegesports.com

ROBINSON CHOSEN IN THE SECOND ROUND OF MLS SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT - daytonflyers.collegesports.com

2006 Pro Soccer Combine: Men's Player Profile - infosportinc.com

Fire Take Five in Supplemental Draft - The Fire Alarm

2006 MLS SuperDraft is only a day away - huntparkinsider.com

2. UDPride

UDPride Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Ive watched Dasan for four years. You can search my web site for articles on him (www.udpride.com).

Dasan is a terrific athlete. Serious speed, good leaping ability, plays very strong. Has a good frame on him. He's played defender and forward. Im not sure he's a natural at either one. Hes more of a gifted athlete who found time in places on the field where the team needed some more athleticism and needed a kickstart. Work rate is very good. Sometimes his emotions get the better of him and he loses focus (instead of just letting the soccer do the talking). Also could be a little more consistent. Rarely injures however and was a 4yr starter for Dayton.

He and Rolfe didnt link up much as Dasan was primarily in the defense durings Rolfes time, with Dasan doing some scoring duty this year with the absence of Rolfe.

I kind of surprised teammate Omar Jarun didnt get picked up in the Supplemental. Hes huge. Like bigger than Nate Jaqua huge. Strong as an oxe at forward. The Dolf Lundgren metaphor from 3rd Degree was a very good one. Works hard and at 6-5 hes all muscle. Not the foot skills of Rolfe but he does bring some nice qualities including aerial stuff. Against smaller defenders hes a matchup issue for opposing teams.

Hell, while Im at it, Ill talk up one other Dayton kid whom I think deserves a look: MF Terry Alvino. He was a DII All American before transferring in last year as a senior. Had a very good year. Kid is 6-0 and built like a tank. Always seems to have a hand in things. One of those players whom you notice most when things are going bad b/c hes not on the field. Cerebral at times, but has a monster foot on him -- scored on a 45yd laser beam against Michigan when he just lined it up and tee'd off. Works very hard. I really thought he was the most underrated player on the team even though he was also one of the best.

Dayton has had some good talent of late. Just cant get to the NCAAs yet. Clanton came from here, so too D Mark Schulte whos currently with the Crew.

Take my scouting report with a grain of salt, but I did tell you Rolfe was a Top-5 draft pick.

3. UDPride

UDPride Member

Jun 13, 2005
  4. UDPride

UDPride Member

Jun 13, 2005
  5. UDPride

UDPride Member

Jun 13, 2005
  6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001