Das Wunder Von Bern

Discussion in 'Germany' started by DennisM, Oct 18, 2003.

1. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
  2. todd11

todd11 Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Berlin, Germany--
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in mainz they're having a special showing in a really large theatre (500+ seats), in which juergen klopp and the whole fsv mainz 05 team is attending with fans---as well as meeting/greeting and signing autographs for everyone. the stadium announcer will be there as well to get everyone fired up---and they are even selling red/white popcorn (mainz 05 colors). season ticket holders get a special discount!

3. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
  4. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    finally i found the time to watch the movie.

The Miracle of Bern (Das Wunder von Bern)

Elation swept through West Germany when the country, humiliated by World War II, won the 1954 World Cup.”The Miracle of Bern” quickly assumed the dimensions of a legend in West Germany. Rahn's goal at the 1954 World Cup in Bern, Switzerland, was instantly etched into the collective memory of a devastated country. The "Miracle of Bern" not only secured Germany's first World Cup, it fed the country's resilience and restored a pride that had been corrupted by the Nazi regime...

the whole review can be found on http://www.schwatzgelb.com

jonam, schwatzgelb.com

5. Real Ray

Real Ray Member

May 1, 2000
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really want to see this film-there was story in the "Holywood Reporter" I was reading yesterday, that reminded me to check here for reviews. There is a chapter in Hesse-Lichtenberger's, "Tor!" that would serve as a good primer for the those not familiar with the whole story.

http://www.wunder-von-bern.de/kult_radioreportage.htm

This link has the radio call. Not just the famous "Tor!" but "Puskas offside!" (Puskas abseits - Schuß - aber nein, kein Tor! Kein Tor! Kein Tor! Puskas abseits.")

Even if you don't speak German, it comes through-fantastic.

6. 210597

210597 Member

Nov 1, 2003
    Munich
    What an amazing movie. I literally came close to crying after some scenes, not just at the end!

Here in Düsseldorf, they had a showing for the main stand of the Paul Janes Stadium in Flingern (Fortuna's home) and it was sold out, that had to be about 2,000 people.

It's the no. 1 film in Germany right now.

7. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige