Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rudiger got crap from VAST majority of Chelsea fans who hate his guts these days.

2. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Come EURO 2024 in Germany, your coaching candidates if Low is gone: Flick or Klopp

3. RacMan93

RacMan93 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Montreal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Few questions do you think Kimmich is a better rb or midfield? And is Oli ster man a good option at full back?

also, do you think a kimkich, Goretzka and Kroos midfield can’t work?

4. RacMan93

RacMan93 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Montreal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can work

5. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Kimmich if anything is better slotted at right back but he plays midfield too...he can do both. Kimmich reminds me of Philipp Lahm but as far as a Kimmich, Goretzka and Kroos midfield working...it can but then you also forget about Brandt

6. RacMan93

RacMan93 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Montreal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    As long as Kim much is in the midfield and everyone is fit I don’t see the midfield being anything other then those 3

7. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Documentary on 50 years of penalty shootouts (coincidently invented by a German ref)

Ger90 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Alex C repped this.
  9. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Neuhaus may as well be Germany's future well he, Werner, Havertz and Sane may as well be

Dage repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    -according to kicker, Koch is NOT going to Benfica.
    the home league can not keep up with the constantly higher everyday demands in England, Germany, Spain or Italy until a few top duels.

With Koch, a change in the Bundesliga is also conceivable
    Important criteria that just freshly-baked national players need to consider with a view to their potentially further DFB careers. Koch therefore decided against Portugal, his departure from Freiburg is still imminent. This depends above all on the contractual situation. The 1.92-meter man's working paper only runs until 2021, an extension at SC is excluded. This summer, Freiburg finally has the chance for a proper relief. It will now presumably flow from England or Italy, Tottenham and AC Milan are among the interested parties. Even a change within the Bundesliga to a top club is not excluded.

-on Waldschmidt
    Will Luca Waldschmidt stay with SC Freiburg or will he change? The national player is linked with Benfica Lisbon, the Portuguese top club is a concrete option. However, for the offensive man could also give a stay with SC, the Bundesliga still brings with it higher demands in the league everyday, which should also play an important role for Bundestrainer Jogi Löw. In any case, Waldschmidt is still bound by the Breisgauer contract until 2022.

fact is dfb isn't even top 5 it's more like top 4+PSG. Its why doubtful Weigl gets any recalls.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    according to more and more reports, Waldschmidt to Benfica is happening.

wonder if this hurts his German NT chances? if not for Euro than for 2022 WC. If more players start to breakthrough in next 2 seasons could hurt his chances since he's playing in lower level Portugal. I'm not ecstatic about players going to Portugal either unless they are young. He'll turn 25 next year and going to a league thats lower level than 1BL, kind of redundant unless he impresses in CL.....assuming Benfica even qualify since they are going for Qualifiers and leaves Benfica as fast as possible like 1-2 years tops.

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bayern vs Barca 4-1 HT.

Goals: Muller X2, Gnabry
    Assisters: Gnabry, Kimmich and Goaletzka

BorisG repped this.
  13. DumFatAmerican

Manchester United
    Germany
    Jul 27, 2018
    Still no chance for muller to come back? lol

BorisG and PierreLittbarski repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Low isn't going to make himself look bad that guy is an ego maniac. You'll never see him admit he was wrong and he already threw them under the bus. More likely we see Muller at Olympics than Euro.

BorisG and PierreLittbarski repped this.
  15. PierreLittbarski

1. FC Köln
    Germany
    Sep 9, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Sadly Löw has too much ego to admit that he was wrong in permanently cutting Thomas from the NT.

Ger90 repped this.
  16. DumFatAmerican

Manchester United
    Germany
    Jul 27, 2018
    Man is 31 years old and still shitting on Barca...

Boandlkramer repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    this game to me reiterates why Neuer is still Germany #1 and won't change until he retires at this point.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think it's all but likely that Kimmich-Goretzka and Kroos will be our main midfielders. With Gundo, Neuhaus, Serdar etc all being the alternatives.

BorisG repped this.
  19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    my post from another thread

Of course, it's lunatic of Löw to not include Müller in the NT when he's definitely a type that's needed there now to create spaces, make the runs for the strikers/wingers and passing/assists/goals that he's been so good at this season
    Same applies for Hummels (and Boateng) for the same reason, it's completely dumb to leave out some of the top performers in Europe - and Hummels is still top class lol :unsure:

I mean, there are no better options right now in Germany, which is blatantly obvious judging the last years, and for that reason alone it's stupid to not include them in the NT. It would be a different matter if there actually were younger and promising CBs in Germany, but it's clearly not, except Süle who's been a lock for Bayern and Germany when he's fit o_O

Then he weirdly calls up Reus who's just as old/older, is injury prone and hasn't done nearly the same things for club or country :unsure:

And you see the rise of Müller when he's in a club with coaches who know how to play him, which only begs the question that Löw's moron tactics over the last years is what actually costed him his spot in the NT :confused:
    - and then calls up and invites players who haven't done nearly as much like the random inclusion of Rudy, or the likes of Draxler and Kehrer yikes

Understand it who can

Alex C, Ger90, BorisG and 1 other person repped this.
  20. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I want Flick and Muller ...

Flick should have taken over from Low .. I know I have been crying about it to many times already . But he clearly understands how to get the best out of players , how to use them , how to motivate them , how to give and get respect and understands the game of football and the type of game he wants his players to play .

Again I give full credit to flick for winning the 2014 WC . With out him Low would have botched it either against France or Argentina .

Muller was a beast last night!!!

The Jitty Slitter, Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  21. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And a save or two from neuer

Ger90 repped this.
  22. :)
    I like Löw as the German coach:D

23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BorisG and dips82 repped this.
  24. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ter Stegen's passing went to shit last night, wtf. Never seen a top keeper give the ball away so often.

BorisG and Ger90 repped this.
  25. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The ideal Euro 21 Germany squad imo:

Neuer
    Ter Stegen
    Leno/Trapp

Hummels
    Boateng
    Sule
    Torunarigha
    Klostermann
    Halstenberg
    Gosens
    Henrichs/Baku

Kroos
    Kimmich
    Goretzka
    Neuhaus
    Can
    Brandt
    Muller
    Reus
    Havertz
    Sane
    Gnabry
    Werner

I know it won't happen with Low, but you can dream lol. Would be a good balance of experience and youth.

BorisG and Ger90 repped this.