Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Still doesn't matter because Muller won't get recalled

2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope Rudiger does not start at the Euros for us at all, At best he is a bench option, he doesnt have any football sense at all

Blueberry_night repped this.
  3. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    rudi.PNG
    The problem with that goal is not letting Yarmolenko cut in, at full speed most left legged players will do the same. Robben made a career out of this

The problem with Rudiger was his positioning, What was he doing that deep in his own half on a corner?
    Most smart defenders will just stay on the halfway line to push higher but he sat so deep which is a fundamental problem. It shows he doesn't know the basics of positioning in defence
    Look at the image attached

Alex C and Blueberry_night repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    makes you wonder how he made it this long as a pro?

I currently think the CB situation looks like shit. We have to see how Sule does on his return and then there is no NT set CB pair or trio since injuries made it that there is no chemistry at the back.

I really look forward to new batch of cbs only problem is that they are likely to be 2-4 years before we see anyone.......

5. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Torunarigha and Tah are much better

6. RacMan93

RacMan93 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Montreal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Tah isn’t that good

7. Wasnot he blundering against the Orange Team?

8. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The CB's for the Euro will probably consist of Sule, Ginter, Rudiger, Koch and maybe Kehrer and/or Tah if they get regular playing time. Stark is another possible, but he needs to get his place back in the Hertha defence. Speaking of which I hope Torunarigha could maybe get a call up in Autumn? Think he has potential.

dips82, Blueberry_night and Ger90 repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kehrer when he returned from injury started 4 out of last 5 matches for PSG. The game where he was benched they drew 4-4, lol. Although both Low and Tuchel alternate him between CB and RB it seems. Let's hope Koch moves to bigger club next season.

Tah got benched for not convincing and I don't trust him at all. Would like us to try Torunarigha but Low might decide next year Olympics and after that he'll call him up.

10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kicker team of the season includes 6/11 Germans.
    In Neuer, Hummels, Ginter, Kimmich, Werner, Muller.

and we dumped Hummels and Muller, LOL.
    [​IMG]

11. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Like can you Germans just give up on Muller, Hummels and Boateng? They are done...Joachim Low won't bring back these players especially after Russia 2018 so let's just let this thing rest

12. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm not the one who put 2/3 in best players in all 1BL this season. Muller gets dumped by Germany but breaking records and performing week and week out for Bayern.

they are only done because Low used them as scapegoats but otherwise they aren't done as players. The whole team was shit and Low plays high line but then throws the players under the bus for playing his tactics. There were way way too many issues in 2018 WC one can hardly blame any specific players.

Low is trash anyways, should have went down with the ship and resigned. Can't wait for him to use we have a young team if they don't go far.

My post was about team of the season which includes Ginter too. It wasn't aimed at Muller/Hummels just made a passing remark about them.

BorisG, dabny and Alex C repped this.
  13. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Yeah Low should have resigned and Flick should have taken over. If he had, Flick no doubt would have brought them back. But he went to Bayern and as long as Low is there, he will focus on the newer players only.

Ger90 repped this.
  14. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Tah is a big no. I rather we use Rudiger instead of Tah and that's really telling something. So, Sule, Ginter and Koch. I prefer the 4th CB to someone like Torunarigha. I don't follow Kehrer anymore and surprise to find out he is quite successful in PSG shirt.

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I don't think Pavard belongs here. He is playing with by far the best team in bundesliga, so it jacking up his overall performance. Put him in Leverkusen or Wolfsburg team, I doubt he managed to looks this good.

I think best RB should be given to Hakimi. Unfortunately Klostermann played as RCB this season so no him in RB position. For natural RB, Hakimi is a better choice than Pavard.

And I don't think Sabitzer can play that deep as one of double pivot. It is classic case to fit in as much as star player as possible. I think Konrad Laimer should be the one partnering Kimmich in double pivot position.

Alex C and Ger90 repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pavard is so overrated, I don't think he's a bad player but too much overhype and him scoring also adds more overhype. He didn't even look that great at Stuttgart. I recall injury prone Kempf looked better than him when they were both playing there.

I like Sabitzer but agree that he's more of an attacking player. Laimer has done well this season.

Klostermann and Halstenberg playing CBs was just Nagelsmann being like I would rather play fullbacks at CB than anyone from Academy.....

Blueberry_night repped this.
  17. RacMan93

RacMan93 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Montreal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who would you guys consider a better option

Rüdiger or Ginter?

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for now Ginter.

The Return of the King.
    1280664317646581761 is not a valid tweet id

Arsenal boss Arteta hails Mustafi restart form: A new contract?
    https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...s-mustafi-restart-form-a-new-contract-4332277

Germany with herr Mustafi
    WC14=Champs
    Euro16=SF
    CC17=Champs

2/3 winning trophies

Germany without Mustafi
    WC18=bomb
    NL19=bomb

#fact

19. RacMan93

RacMan93 Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Montreal
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I just realized Ginter won the German player if the year last year. How is that even possible?

20. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Sule and Ginter CB pairing you guys can definitely try

BorisG and Alex C repped this.
  21. dabny

dabny Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Apr 5, 2019
    that's just the national team one though,
    which is determined by a dfb fan poll i think.

the german footballer of the year awarded by kicker magazine is the more prestigious award which dates back to 1960 and takes into consideration both national team and club performances.
    i think marco reus won it last year.

22. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  23. Since WC2010 the rest of the world donot matter in comparison to the top European countries.

24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020