Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Its funny in how often we had discussed as a group and had general consensuses on certain matters on the decisions that Loew has made over the years. The interesting part is that we often where right .

e.g Germany vs Italy 2012 where he started Poldi and Gomez... And at Half time he at least acted and subbed in Reus and Klose.

I know this is only one example but we all are saying that at least Muller and possibly Hummels and or Boateng should be considered for the Euros looking at current form.

Seem like Flick is going to get an extended contract at Bayern... I think he has the potential to become a great trainer. He should have taken over from Loew in the NT in 2018.

Ger90 and saj7866 repped this.
  2. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, great minds think alike

3. Blueberry_night

Blueberry_night Member+

Apr 5, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Very good point, I believe success has no bearing of coincidence. Judging from how he managed Bayern after that trainwreck of Kovac, he might played major hand in our WC 14 win.

Ger90 and BorisG repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    don't forget vs Italy in 2012 we played Kroos in RW.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

5. BorisG

BorisG Member+

Sep 30, 2009
    Namibia
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seriously ? Hahaha loew . Let’s see how he will wind us up this year ...

6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    1233538974225846272 is not a valid tweet id

nekkibasara and BorisG repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BorisG and Ger90 repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol France and Portugal are together at the Euro and NL. At least we avoided France and the Dutch.

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  12. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't need an additional tourney only to play against Ukraine and Switzerland. Give me France and Netherlands again.

BorisG and Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I get your viewpoint but there is something nicer about facing those countries in only Euros or WCs.

we did get the fricking Spanish though.

BorisG repped this.
  14. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We got nothing to fear

Ger90 repped this.
  15. We've got serious injuries that willnot be resolved before the Euro2020, so we've got to do with very young youngsters. Would have been the perfect time to be with us in a group.

Ger90 repped this.
  16. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    we need Sule back fit!

seems like some of your ex stars want to call up Zirkzee to the senior NT. What's the chances of that happening?

naw, not perfect time, we want to take you down with your best players available, otherwise it's hallow victory.

and don't worry you got Babel's purple pink to blind opponents.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    they could always play behind close doors and air it on TV. Cancel the Italy game? That would suck since it's a good team to play.

Will the planned international match between Germany and Italy fall into the water? The city of Nuremberg wants to cancel the event due to the risk of spreading the corona virus.

The game is scheduled to take place on March 31 in Nuremberg. As the picture reports, the city wants to cancel the event due to the risk of corona virus. The reason for this is the expected fans from Italy.

Germany vs. Italy: cancellation due to Italian fans?
    "According to current knowledge, the city of Nuremberg is for a cancellation of the international match. It is expected that many fans from the risk area of northern Italy will arrive," quotes the tabloid a spokeswoman for the city of Nuremberg.
    https://www.90min.de/posts/6570554-...-will-laenderspiel-wegen-corona-virus-absagen

I wonder what's the likelihood that the Euros ends up being played behind close doors? I don't think you can reschedule a Euro and axing it would suck ass as it's only every 4 years.

I always hated Euro 2020, due to the competition having no host country but being played all over Europe and now with Coronavirus that seems like a disastrous thing.

19. None. He's becoming senile. We have the AZ Alkmaar kids who trashed Ajax in Amsterdam (were excellent all season beating the traditional 3 away and Ajax at home with 4 clean sheets) and just had their first Orange match and Koeman has to shove those aside for a kid who has done shit.

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ger90 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    our German coach Rohr who is Nigeria Senior NT coach wants to poach Zirkzee, wants to convince him to play for Nigeria, LOL.

22. Well, if he's impatient or thinks the Orange team will always be a hard fight with Boadu (19) to beat and who knows which ones pop up too, he might be tempted. But you have to put up with shit tournement circumstances, corrupt FA's etc.

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seems like Bild has post about how Reus threatens to miss Euro. Damn this guy and his career injury history.

24. rj123

rj123 Member

The team with the most German NT players
    Germany
    Nov 21, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, but I think his on field presence in terms of leadership is worth more than his scoring ability. I think Sane, Gnabry and even Werner are better scoring threats than Reus (hopefully Sane will be match fit for the Euros). Now if we needed another leader perhaps Mueller could come back...?:rolleyes:

25. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Bellarabi is playing very well n can be an X factor to this team